Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Inactive
1,626 Posts
Hear'ed A Bunch

Was on a forum re. one of the Alexander Arms products for some 3 years, and for the last two, listened to the outcry of the "potential" weapon,ammo,and associated parts,buyers of the Alexander Arms products. This re. delivery times,product availability and out and out lying to their customers.

Also re. their practices that has to do with QA and even product safety in general. Even heard of a guy getting a .50Beowulf bbl attached to a .223 sized upper with the .223 ejection port. (Talk about ejection problems !!)

Gas blocks that were loose,factory ammo out of specs,delivery dates being fudged,e-mails not being returned,etc,etc.

What did it for me and caused me to "resign" from the forum was the forum administrator/owner, and Alexander Arms(Bill Alexander), stating that the .50Beowulf was being used by our forces in Iraq. But would suggest that you(and any potential AA product purchaser),be very leery of the QA practices and delivery times of that company.

Anybody that needs any more specifics re. the company can feel free to PM me. -----pruhdlr

·
Inactive
1,626 Posts
Would Also.......

.......want to state that all the Alexander Arms products are proprietary products. They are, and the supposed patent is, owned by Bill Alexander. If he chooses to withdraw or limit the uppers,brass,etc,to the general public,he can. I feel that he did this with the .50Beowulf brass about a year ago. It drove the price up to $1.50 each(~).

IIRC he was caught in a lie re. Starline or Wolf producing the Beowulf brass. He said they wouldn't do it and a simple call to them(not by me) found out that they were willing to produce the brass but he wanted too big of a cut.

Would suggest that you take a good long look at the 6.8SPC,6.5 Creedmoor,or even a .260.

Good Shootin' -----pruhdlr

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.