Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any versions of the 6.5x55 with the .459 shoulder diameter and a 30 degree shoulder angle? Thanks Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
G'Day Mate,
the only improved 6.5x55 I know of is the 6mm Arch, but that's got a 44 degree shoulder angle. If that's any help?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Rechamber to a 6.5-284 instead.

You can buy Norma brass for it

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
If I've learned anything while wildcatting around the gun world, it's that somebody has done pretty much everything you could ever imagine, and then some. If that's what you want, find a good gunsmith, send him a signed, blank check, and be prepared to wait for a while.

·
Registered
1 Posts
6.5x55 improved

I have had a 6.5x55 ackley improved (40 deg shoulder) for a year. Redding sells the dies in their custom section but they usually have a set or 2 on the shelf. It is a sweet shooting rifle. I had a new 260 barrel re-chambered for my Thompson Encore.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do a web search on "6.5x55" and "Bob Jourdan". Jourdan developed his improved case following Ackley's guidelines in the early 1990s. He wrote up his work and published it in several issues of Precision Shooting in about 1993.

Your web search should produce a phone number in Oklahoma. He's a nice guy - call him up and talk about it.

--Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts