Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 BR x 0.100 Short

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some one that is willing to makre up 20 pieces6 br X .100 shot BR new cases for me to get started into BR. Thanks in advance for looking and help.
Dry Shot
Alm
Thanls

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Welcome to Shooters Forum, Alm.

Not sure I get the poll or the solicitation for someone to make brass for you. If you're going to "get started into BR", then you should be forming your own brass. This will allow you to ensure it fits your chamber. If you're going to be shooting this gun, long-term, you really need to know how to make your own cases, anyway...it's half the fun! ;)

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
6mm BR cases are available over the counter ... I am not familiar with the " x .100 shot ". appreciate it if you could explain. Lapua in my view are the best cases in 6mmBR. I use them to form 22BR

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Need some one that is willing to makre up 20 pieces6 br X .100 shot BR new cases for me to get started into BR. Thanks in advance for looking and help.
Dry Shot
Alm
Thanls
I shot the 6BR talldog and I still have form dies and they made couple different ones from .085 to .125. I've also shot 6BR Shorten Talldog and 22 Walldog.

I've always had rifle in hand when I formed those cases just to make sure they chamber. Myself I won't form those cases without having the rifle just based on you saying it's that short or what neck dia is.

All the ones I had build had either no turn or tight neck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6 BR x .100 Short

Thanks for the reply; I have the rifle but all of my reloading dies and back up are stored untill next summer. I have moved and have my rifles and was wanting to get some shooting time in between now and next summer. I live in Florida now and I can shoot during the winer months. I would use the Lapua brass and make up to fit chamber.
The 6 BR short is 0.100: shorter that is very similar to the .085 and .125 variations.
My son and father-in want to shoot with me as I get my bag skills back up to competion level.
Can I rent the dies?
How can we work to gether so that I can get 20 to 40 pieces of brass for my rifle.
All of my shop equipment is stored as well, so I can not make up and forming dies at this time.
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6 BR x .100 Short

Have the rifle and have been in BR for 30 Plus years.
My reloading dies and support equipment with the machine shop is stored untill next summer.
I am looking for short term solution to may up 20 to 40 pieces brass (Laupa) to fit to use this winneter for son amd Father-in-law.
I have the form dies but not with rifle at this time. Need to rent or have some one make up in the interum. I would purchase the form dies if it was reasonable.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
You have a custom chamber in your gun? Is it a common chambering among BR or some other group of shooters? Did your gunsmith chamber any other guns the same as yours, you might contact him and find out, if he did that would be the easiest route.
If not your going to have to dig out your equipment and load some ammunition. Or buy another gun in a factory chambering and shoot it this winter, seems like alot of trouble to go to when you know where the equipment is, just go get it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the 6 BR x .100 short is just that. It is as regular BR 1.500" case that has the shoulder pushed back by .100 to a case length of 1.400" with the neck and shoulder the same as the full BR.
I does very well and will shoot in the Zeros if you can read the wind.
All I am trying to do is get some brass as all of my shop equipment and reloading will not be available until next spring.
Thanks for your time to read and help me. I retired and then got talked into a full time job as a field service trouble shooter and sit home in between projects.
Alm

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seely Masker built the gun for another shooter that has passed on.
The gun has two barrels, 6 BR x .100 Short and the not so popular 6 SM Wasp.
The wasp is based on the old 219 Donaldson Wasp, It shoots at times be is finicky to load for.
I have all the stuff to feed these but not untill next summer.
I was wanting to get going not as I have been sitting home waiting for a call for work.
Thanks
Alm

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
work together?

I shot the 6BR talldog and I still have form dies and they made couple different ones from .085 to .125. I've also shot 6BR Shorten Talldog and 22 Walldog.

I've always had rifle in hand when I formed those cases just to make sure they chamber. Myself I won't form those cases without having the rifle just based on you saying it's that short or what neck dia is.

All the ones I had build had either no turn or tight neck.
How can we work together so that I can make up some brass with you dies?
Thanks
Alm

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
How can we work together so that I can make up some brass with you dies?
Thanks
Alm

If your reloading dies are in storage why not wait or get at least those so you can shoot. I would also assume that short BR has tight neck. I had one of Seely's rifles in 6HLS and he made dies for it.

The liability for me to rent or loan those dies out isn't worth the trouble and be the same selling them to you.

If you been shooting BR about 30 yrs you should of heard of Dick Wright and he shot short 22BR and he's on east coast. He's out of BR but doing stock work and he might help you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
6BR Short & 6 HLS

If your reloading dies are in storage why not wait or get at least those so you can shoot. I would also assume that short BR has tight neck. I had one of Seely's rifles in 6HLS and he made dies for it.

The liability for me to rent or loan those dies out isn't worth the trouble and be the same selling them to you.

If you been shooting BR about 30 yrs you should of heard of Dick Wright and he shot short 22BR and he's on east coast. He's out of BR but doing stock work and he might help you.
I do not see any liability with purchase of or renting dies as you would not be directly connected to any thing that I would do with the dies.
The
I also have a Hunter BR Rifle in 6 HLS and need some information of how the bras is formed.
I used 22-250 or 250 Savage brass after setting should Bach as the HLS has A longer Neck if I remember correctly.
Just finished fire forming some 22-250 Win brass for a Hunter BR rifle chambered in 30 Wolf. Tight neck
I am neck turning now. As soon as my case trimmer pilots come.

Any information. For 6 HLS would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dick Wright

I contacted Dick first as we have been close for many years
He has sold all of his BR guns and the dies to go with.
He has had no contact with the buyer and suggested that I hit the shooters forums.
I got a lot of interest but you are the only one that seems to have any idea of my request.
A mother good friend is doing some checking for me but nothing yet
Thanks
Now I need to refresh my memory for the 6 HLS brass forming.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts