Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been seeing some information about 6mm Railguns. Here is a YouTube video that gives a quick overview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4idDEwnLFQ

Although these railguns were make to the same 6mm caliber, there seems to be no reason that the platform could not also be used as a high precision test bed for any caliber of rifle. I am most interested in the recoil absorbing mechanism and the carriage assembly construction. Does anyone out there have any leads that would point to construction and engineering techniques for these platforms? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,655 Posts
Just look at the unlimited class Bench Rest. That's what that is. Probably 6mmPPC, but a lot of .308 and .308 x 1 1/2 for the more wind resistant bullet and recoil makes to difference.

That's a great collection!!

The only support system shown underneath was a ball and channel system like are used on gantry measuring systems.

Note the average age of the shooters. Precision Shooting magazine used to be the clearing house for guns for sale. Many times a BR rifle can be bought for much less that the total of the parts.

I see a home-made loading press and a BUNCH of Wilson reloading stuff in the reloading section. Note the science of wind reading.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts