Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and have a question.

I am looking to obtain a 7.5x55 Swiss AR. A company called Luvo Arms out of the Czech Republic makes one, but I cannot track down any company that imports them into the US.

Since that appears not to be an option, is there anyone who can build one?

Get a lot of questions about why I want one...I just do. Have multiple Swiss rifles, ample amount of the ammo and would like to stick with the same caliber.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Due to 922R compliance and all that other mess we have, importation of foreign made firearms such as AR15's, AK's, or any other modern "Black rifle" is heavily restricted and costly. There is a limit to how many parts on your rifle can be foreign made so they have to ship rifles here incomplete and American based manufacturing companies or importers have to finish the rifle. This is big in the American AK47/74 market. And there are a LOT of quality control issues that can come up. This is also true of the FN SCAR, Sig 550 series, or any other of those imported black rifles. Most of those bigger companies manufacture parts here in the USA anyways though. But there are still legal hoops these foreign manufacturers have to jump through to even get their partially assembled rifles and receivers into the USA.

I don't know if it uses some sort of proprietary bolt and magazines, but if not, you just need someone who was capable of making you a barrel. It appears to be an AR10 size cartridge and not an AR15, so the price starts going up.

Best case scenario is you just need to find someone to make you a barrel...

Worst case is, you have to get someone to make you a barrel, a proprietary bolt, and proprietary magazines.

I'd make sure to look into it and see what kind of compatibility your looking at with the standard .308 Winchester stuff. If it will work in the same mags, and if it shares the same bolt head... or if it shares the same bolt head with any other popular American cartridge that's stuffed into an AR10.

You're really most likely looking at way more trouble than it's worth. You'll spend so much money in most cases for something like this it's almost cheaper to switch everything over to another cartridge.

And Luvo arms from what I've researched, is not a very reputable company. Most remarks I see say fair quality at best. Poor fit and finish, bad triggers, and not stellar accuracy. May just be a few guys complaining online though.

·
Banned
4,916 Posts
Best case scenario is you just need to find someone to make you a barrel. Worst case is, you'll have to get someone to make you a barrel, a proprietary bolt, and proprietary magazines.
The bolt and barrel will be easy enough. It's having magazines made that will cost an arm and a leg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts