Shooters Forum banner

7.62x39 accurate or not

8K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  broom_jm 
Hello:
As stated the 7.62x39 can be accurate.
Point here is what are the others that say the round isnt acurate considering good shooter.
It was just stated here 2 to 3 inch groups at 100 open sights.
Ok ill have to side with that being not so bad per open sights ect.
But then again if i had a rifle in any given cal that wouldnt put 5 shots at a 100 yards inside at least a dime if a .223 or say a 30-06 do it within a qaurter at same distance both using a good scope then that rifles got a home in my gun safe for praire doggin or say long range deer.
But then again 2 to 3 open sights would do any deer hunting at its reasonable range per the calibers capabilites when proper shot placement is done.
So what is considered a good group is in the eye of the poster and just might be more than enough in another reader and possibly gone down the road pc of crap in anothers eye.
Myself if 150 yards was my predicted range and open sights gave me 2 to 3 inches at 100 yards = Its a rifle up to the task.
I personaly would like 2 inch or less but truth being itll get the job done.
Boy i muddied the water with this posting didnt i ? :D
Head Shot

Hello;
I read on another post 7.62x54r ammo was getting to the point of not being available in parts of the usa now.
Also that with the usa sanctions against russia that no more would be imported from russia ect.
But i did a google search and did find bulk cans yet for 90 dollars and free shipping ect and said in stock.
So how much longer is the qestion if its going to be in short supply.
Ok my point being here is i too was looking at the 7.62x39 round but was looking at buying the rifle for it in a bolt action which i believe would greatly improve the odds for accuracy.
But hows everyone else feel about the 7.62x39 ammo being available if this is now suposably happening with the 7.62x54r round ?
Anyone think the 7.62x39 rounds going to be tough to get if not jumped on right now to ensure adeqate supply to continue shooting the bolt action rifle if i should decide to buy one ?
That 7.62x39 round just has me by the ummm yeah and im really intriqued by it and think it a neat perfect round for close in say 150 yards on white tail deer.
Granted its a fmj slug but reloaded after fired with a good copper spire point would be the ticket.
Yes i know they have the double primer flash hole but there is a tool that uses hydraulic forces to decap it so you can reprime ect.
Id shoot the bulk ammo for plinking and reload with better slugs ect for hunting is my frame of mind.
Head Shot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.