Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to know if US Military uses or has issued 10 round strippers in 7.62x51? I know they have the 5 round available in surplus, I have heard of 10 rounders available. Some say the 10's are crap, but do not know of the source for these, maybe China. Does anyone know on this? Thanks a lot guys. GREAT FORUM!

·
Registered
68 Posts
If they do exist the length would probably make them pritty flexible and make it difficult to push the round down into the mag. If not they would be great to have for speed loading posibly faster that removing and installing a full mag.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
M80 ball in the US Army to my knowledge has always been 5 rd stripper clips. Last time I got issued some was in 06' in Iraq and that was hard to get now days. Usually we delink M80 ball off of machine gun M13 belts.

CD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Metro, thanks, I suspected as much about the shiny new 10 rd strippers, looked too good to be true! Thanks again! Combat D, are you,USN? I think you have more time over there than my 4 years Navy and two years inactive reserve! I did a 12 mo. stint in Nam, 69-70 on small patrol boats, but not PBR's. I never got close to a .308, just the durn M-16. If you had .308 strippers, empties, would they be worth messing with for you guys? Well, stay low, Stay Good! My hat is off to you and your bros!

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
M80 ball .... hard to get now days.
:confused: Makes me kinda feel bad when I think about all the 7.62 Nato ammo we burned in the 80's cause no one seemed to want it!:eek: The Navy was the only branch that seemed to use M-14s and our training allowance was pretty generous so we banged away at every opportunity.:rolleyes: Guess we never thought the mighty and wonderful M-16 with it awesome 5.56mm cartridge would ever fall in such disfavor.:)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Bubba 1, I'm retired from the Army in 08' and still working with them as a contractor. As I stated it seems hard now to get M80 ball on 5 rd stripper clips. Still mountains of linked 7.62 however.

CD

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased several hundred rounds of '90's vintage British 7.62x51 ammo on links. Do any of you know an easy way to remove it from the links? This is my first posting on this site so I hope I'm in the right area to ask this question. Fell free to email me if you have a good solution. I messed with a few but I don't want to scar up the brass. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Opps - make that "feel free" on the email. By the way, I picked it up from J&G in Prescott, AZ. It looks real clean but I hav not shot any of it yet. Back to work in the a.m. so hopefully next weekend.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Quickest way to delink it besides firing out of a machine gun is to break it down in small 4-8 rd sections. Using a table top, place the nose of the bullet down and push the links down, thus stripping the round out. To break the belts just twist 90-180 degrees until it breaks. Got word last week that I'll be here another year. Return time frame is now Jul 11.

CD

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,196 Posts
CD - What did you do to deserve such a lousy honor? :eek:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Its that "V" word I've done my whole career called volunteering! After that year is done then I'm totally done. It will be 8.5 yrs out of 11.5 gone from my family. Time to call it.

CD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.