Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys anyone have any links to info on what my shot out 700 bdl in 7mm mag can be rebarreled or rechambered too. i was hopeing for the .338 rum

·
Registered
877 Posts
If you want a .338, why not go with the .338 Win Mag. Easier ammo to find, probably cheaper, and your 7 mag can be easily rebarrelled for the .338 mag.:)

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
.338 RUM will fit your bolt face and action length.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
very easy! all you need is a different magazine box and barrel and you are in business!! i have set up one of my 700's as a switch barrel rig and one of the barrels is a 338 rum... i do like it but i haven't shot it a lot as the weather and my schedule have been conspiring against me for the last couple of months.
brownells carries e.r. shaw barrels in the 338 rum that are prethreaded and shortchambered at a very good price. you should be able to get the magazine box and barrel for under $200 and another $100 to install, headspace it and blue it.

·
Banned
89 Posts
To touch on a very good wildcat, the .30-338 is what a lot of the nuttier gun nuts thought Winchester would bring out after the had brought out the .338 Alaskan and the .264 Westerner. Winchester threw a monkey wrench into the works and brought out the .300 Win. Mag.. The .30-338 was a much finer cartridge. I always thought the folks at Winchester intended the bring out their version of the .30-338 but didn't want to have anything to do with a already recognized wildcat. More than one serious shooter showed up at Camp Perry with the .30-338 for the 1000 yard line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts