Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a 700 REM synthetic stock with an aluminum inlay. A local firm used to make the aluminum block inserts 30 years ago and I "shoulda, coulda, woulda" bought one then, but didn't recognize the value of them then.

My old .30-06 stock has seen some better days and thought I should retire it. The aluminum block bedding works great for allowing the barrel assembly group to be replaced in exactly the same spot and drawn up snug each time.

I would appreciate any info that someone would be kind enough to pass along to me.:confused:

·
Registered
223 Posts
HS Precision makes stocks for Remingtons and other makes with the aluminum bedding block. In fact, they make some of the factory Remington synthetic stocks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have a Bell and Carlson aluminum bedded stock on a 700. It works fine but I still needed to do some slight clearance sanding for good fit. It works well. I don't think any stock is a perfect fit wout some slight modifications.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hogue

I have a Hogue overmolded stock on my remington 700 SPS with a full length bedding block. I have had fantastic results with it as my groups dropped half an inch in size from the factory plastic stock. I ordered mine from Midway USA for 209.99. You won't be able to find an HS-precision or a Bell and Carlson that cheap. Good luck and let us know how things turn out.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,131 Posts
+1 on the Bell and Carlson stock. Have one in a thumbhole camo stock with the full bedding block. A great stock. www.bellandcarlson.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts