Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put 5 rounds in my magazine of my Rem. Slide Gun yesterday and promptly stuck the magazine. It won't come out. The latch will not depress. The action will not open. What is the cure? If dismantle is in order can I get a set of punches at Home Depot that will do the job. What is holding the drift pins for the trigger group and how do I put things back together?

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got the thing apart. I hope I can get it back together. It needed a good cleaning anyway. The thing was really jammed. Had to force the action open to get it loose. I'll never put 5 rounds in it again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Photocopy versions of the 760 shop manual are offered in the Online auctions...

I have seen 10 round box magazines for the 760. Anyone have any experience with them? Are they something worth gaining experience, or better to steer clear of?

·
Registered
60 Posts
760 Rem.

My 10 round clip for my 760 works just fine but both of the 10 rounders I have had are too long for comfort. Can be a good way to carry extra ammo.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Chief, the Magazine for the 760 is designed for four rounds, and as you found out will jam the rifle if loaded with five rounds of 30-06. The same rule holds true for the 740, the 742, the 7400, and the 7600.

Sourdough, the 10 round Magazine was made to accept 10 rounds and will do just fine, but like grinder said, they hang down in the way for good carry, they also seem like a magnet for every bush and schrub you go past.

Lee L.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts