Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having troube with my 7 mag brass swelling just ahead of the belt after 3-4 reloads. All the pressure signs say everything is fine and the chrony #'s are fine. I've heard of this before but I've read many times that 8-10 or so is the norm. I full length resize but I do not push the shoulder back. Any ideas? They tend to hang in my rifle just ahead of the belt about 1/8", like a slight bulge. I was perplexed for awhile as I thought it was pressure signs but no,just the case.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Go to www.larrywillis.com

He is selling a special die that is supposed to do away with that bulge just forward of the belt. Some say it works great. I can't give you any personal experience with this die but I thought I'd mention it since you hadn't received any replies.

Hope this helps.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,453 Posts
I don't think that Starline makes brass for belted magnums, although I wish they did.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think the problem has to do with the quality of the brass, although Norma would be nice. I think it's more to do with the healthy charge of RL-22 and the fact that the bullets are 0.007 off the lands. I had a sneaky suspicion that it was a little 'warm', I was hoping that it might be something else. Thanks for all the advice guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts