Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Not to add fuel to the fire here; but as far as the $60.00 to $70.00 barrels go, I ordered a Winchester factory 7-30 Waters 20 inch barrel (made for a M-94AE) last summer from Numerich's Gun Parts Corp. Cost was $66.00 shipped to me. Right now I am just waiting for the right deal on a '94AE .30-30 to have the 7-30 Waters barrel installed on.

I don't know what the final bill will be for switching the barrels will be so I can't comment on that cost.

· Registered
204 Posts
Well, as I said in the previous post; I wasn't trying to throw gasoline on the fire here. I should say in all honesty that I approached this project with economy in mind from the start. I found the factory Winchester 7-30 Waters barrels at Numerich's and knew that the price last year of $59.00 could not be beat. Once I ordered and recieved the barrel it did need some clean-up but the bore cleaned up as new and the few blemishes on the outside do require a re-bluing to make it as good as new.
That being said, I am now waiting for the right deal on the right Angle-Eject M-94 Winchester. If I am patient enough I know I will find one for $150.00 or so. I'm not going to run right out and buy a brand new one (even though my local K-Mart has them for $279.00) or spend the inflated price of $259.00 at my local gun shop for a used gun. I'll find one in the newspaper classifieds that will fit the bill nicely. All I have is time.

Besides, I'd rather spend my time/money tracking down Federal 7-30 Waters brass for handloads. Now that stuff is expensive! Might just end up ordering factory rounds from Cheaper Than Dirt and shooting them up for the brass.

· Registered
204 Posts
Enforcer-

I'll be glad to update when the project is completed. Just so everybody understands, it'll probably be a while. I have a couple of other "projects" ahead of this 7-30 Waters idea. First and foremost is a M-71 Winchester in .348 that a friend is holding for me. His late father promised it to me for $650.00 (almost like new condition) and I have had a hard time getting the money together. Can't let this deal slip away as beat up M-71's in my area are going for that price; not to mention I've always wanted one in the worst way.

Also have a Marlin 1895GS in layaway and that has to be dealt with after the M-71 is obtained. Seems like I always bite off more than I can chew, but the guns I really want always seem to turn up at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.