Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, thanks for the great site. lots of good info here.my questions are, 1 does the 9.3x62 mauser have a long enough neck for cast 286 gn. hardcast loads? 2 what about gas checks, availability? 3 hopefully 2500 fps obtainable? this is an interesting cartridge, just not much info. any and all help will be appreciated. thank you. halfbreed

·
Registered
251 Posts
The 9.3x62 shouldn't be any harder to work with than a lot of other short-necked rounds with cast bullets.  I get a little better than 2 MOA with cast stuff in my .308, and am still working on better results.  Gas checks, I think, would be strictly a custom proposition.  Either that or improvising with annealed .375 checks.  2500 fps might be attainable with the right fit, alloy, and lube.  Should be a lot of fun trying!
Mark

·
Banned
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mcassil,thanks for the encouragment. i talked with ray atkinson a little about this cartridge, he said cast works with it. only he did'nt have any info on it, as cast shooting is not one of his interests, er something like that anyway. as components are hard to find , i may very well go with the 375 taylor, just wondering if a collet die is available? or can 1 be put together. i am certainly no machinist. i am very interested in mid velocity medium bores. and would like to put one together soon. halfbreed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts