Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, Hi all and thanks for any help. I'm trying to find load data for the Sierra Sports Master 9mm 115 gr Jacketed Hollow Point. Have all kind's of data for the FMJ, not sure if it applies to the hollow point. I was planning on using some Hodgden HS-6 for these loads. And running them in an 9mm AR-15. Thanks for any help.

·
Banned
484 Posts
You can use data for the same weight FMJ as long as you start about 10% below maximum and work up to a safe load. Do not exceed the maximum charge listed in the manual for that bullet weight.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Assemble a few to test before making a big batch, long barrelled rifles can 'stick' a bullet in the bore if the powder is too fast or the charge too light. Make sure you have hits on the target or berm/dirt before shooting again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank's for the info. This subject can be discussed forever with all the possible bullet / powder combination's that are available. Always want to stay on the safe side. Thank's again.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
If I were building it for a rifle, I'd be using HS6, its not as fast as many pistol powders. Its kind of in between the magnum shotshell powders and the target shotshell powders. It works good in 9mm, its what I used before I switched to Red Dot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, Was planning on using HS-6. The rifle is a 16" C.A.R. I get 2" to 2.5" 5 round groups at 50 yards with Wal-mart ammo. Hope to improve on that. After a few groups it start's to be to much fun and the rounds start flying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts