Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new here and am simply checking out various forums to see if there is any interest in a kydex holster for the pistol model 1892s or a scabard for the rifle length version. I work for a kydex holster manufacturer and simply was curious if there was any interest. If there is we would tool up to make them. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh well...

I see people looking but no comments. I own the Puma Bounty hunter for the record and started tooling up off of it. I will be pouring the mould on Monday or Tuesday. Should have the first holster pressed Wenesday. Have to do everything on my free time cause I can't convince management there is any value in it for retail. pictures will follow as progress is made

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I have been forbidden from taking pictures of the different stages of design since it is part of how we make our money. However, I was told I can tell you who we are. I work for Blade-Tech, and I run the hydraulic vises and tool up the moulds for them. I can explain in vague terms what the process is and where I am at in the process. The fisrt step is to take the gun and prepare it for creating a master. The master is what all the moulds are duplicated off of to make various different holsters. See the product line for examples....once a master is made it is tooled up for whatever holster is required and then copied. So you end up with for example a master mould and a New holster mould. Right now I just finished tooling up the gun, and tomorrow...hopefully I can copy the gun, and pour the master. Then after 24hrs of curing I can make a temporary tooling on the master to vise a RH OWB...or maybe a Nano IWB....cause who doesn't want to carry a lever gun IWB? LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts