Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I saw what appeared to be a refinished (stock and metal)Winchester 92 in .32WCF. This is the carbine version and one cute little rifle. The asking price was $699 which seems a bit steep for refinished wook and metal. Still, I haven't come accross many 92's for sale recently at any price. Opinions anyone?

·
Registered
206 Posts
BigEd, I have some friends who are into "vintage" rifles, and according to them, when the type of rifle you have mentioned if "redone" or "refinished" or otherwise altered in any way from what it was originally, the actual worth of the firearm drastically drops. They have indicated that a small amount of rust or pitting on the metal, and dings and scuffs on the wood
do not hurt the value per se, but alterations such as refinishing definitely effects the value from a collector's perspective. The actual worth of the rifle seems to be in the neighborhood of $350-$450. Yet again, the worth of a rifle worth of a firearm is sometimes determined by the amount a would be purchaser is willing to pay for it!

Kindest regards,
Timberwolf :)

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
The refinished rifles, that look nearly new, go for about half of a very good original in my area. The really nice 92's are going for $12-1500, or more, depending on caliber.

·
Banned
68 Posts
Would that be $US12-1500 or Pacific Pesos ?

I just bought a nice original 44/40 half mag with a mint bore and tight action for equiv $US260.

Last year I got a 32/40 full magazine M94 rifle all original with 95% finish for $300.

Are original half magazine and/or saddle ring carbines rare in your country?

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Eric,
all the old Winchester 92's are hideously expensive here, unless they're really ratty. For the money, I'd buy one of the new limited run models that are currently available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts