Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with a new 94 winchester
357 legacy.  

When I place even a few (4 -5) rounds in the loading tube (magazine) and cycle the action (lever) sometimes rounds feed incorrectly below the feed ramp and I have to fish them out the bottom of the lever.  Seems like the magazine gate is not closing correctly or is incorrectly timed.  Usually it spits out two rounds at a time when this happens.

Does not do it all of the time.  Has done it both at the begining and midway through running through a magazine (loading tube).

Any ideas what the issue is and how to remedy it?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hello 80vette!
I had the same (or at least similar problem) with a brand new model 94. I took it to the gun shop and the smith indicated it had a burr at the exit area at the base of the magazine tube, where the cartridge is ejected, then placed on the "lip" so it can be transferred to the chamber. It took about 5 minutes to fix.

Regards,
Timberwolf

·
Banned
738 Posts
I had the same problem with a 94 in 30-30.
At the top front of the lever link is an angled raised portion. This must be correctly shaped so that when the action is opened it prevents the cartrige from leaving the magazine. Then as the rifle action is closed it must be shaped to match the timing of the rifle so that it only allows a round to exit the magazine after the carrier (lifter) has dropped to the lowest level.

Another problem could be the cartrige carrier timing. If this is off, or if the carrier is hanging up, it will cause the problems you have.

A trip to a GOOD gunsmith, (if you can find one), that knows about 94 Winchesters is in order.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts