Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 9422M that I'm having troubles with. The cartridges don't want to come out of the magazine. The first one always work and then the others don't, you have to cycle the rifle a few times to get the cartridge out of the magazine tube and in to the chamber. Any ideas on how to fix this would be great.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
~ Check the magazine follower, look for breakage or other damage.
~ The outer magazine tube may not be seated fully into the receiver, the cartridge rim may be dropping into into the recess between the two.

~~~

Has any work been done to the rifle, especially between the time it was working and not-working?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts

I would suggest pulling the magazine tube insert, remove the fwd end cap (it's pinned in pace) & magazine spring/follower, and then give the inside a good cleaning.

I'd be willing to bet that there's a crud buildup in there that's inhibiting smooth cartridge egress/feeding.

I suppose the inside of the inner mag tube could be cleaned with a solvent, rammed into the rear while the follower is pushed all the way fwd, but I prefer disassembly for a thorough cleaning.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Start with the small/easy stuff & go from there

#1 a good thorough inspection/stripping/cleaning, before getting into the mechanical stuff. I'd likely then look at the mag, mag feed rod, spring, alignment of the mag to the receiver and on up the ladder. My 9422M xtr is my right now favorite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts