Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a really nice one with a scope at a gun show about 1-2 years ago, the dealer was asking 450. I had been trying to sell two handguns total worth 450. The dealer made an even trade for the rifle. Now I found it is worth in excess of $850. I have recently been shooting it at the range and am liking it more all the time. I think it should make an excellent 100-150 yd. turkey gun.

Have discovered that some .22 mag. ammo shoots one hole groups at 50 yds. while other such as Win. Dynapoint shoots 3-4" groups at same range! What's up with that??

I posted this to see if anyone reads this thread.

·
Banned
421 Posts
Why would you think noone reads these threads? If you don't receive an answer to a question it's because nobody here has a good answer for you. In my experience there are not many here that sling BS. That's one of the best things about this forum. We really do respect each other here. Like Bob Faucett used to say "Rules are simple, join in, and be nice." It just can't be said any better than that!
Now, to your question. I also have a 9422M, and a 9422, both first year production, 1972. Both of them, like almost all my other 3 dozen or so rimfires, have a definite preference for a particular ammo. That is very common with rimfires, and many centerfire guns. The difference isn't always drastic as you have experienced, but I've seen it too. There is nothing wrong with your rifle IMO.
By the way, is Giiligan your first mate?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts