Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Anyone here know much about this round? I know it feeds like ball etc. I am not much into the ballistic thing and how would a 9mm 100gr do? It moves at 1475fps 483lds of pressure I believe so it hits hard.

Any if or expertise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Sir,

I've heard very good things about this bullet in terms of terminal ballistics, in that impacts on soft body areas are quite impressive. I'd say that penetration will be fairly shallow with a 100 grain 9mm, but that is not necessarily a bad thing, given the right conditions. It is an interesting concept, one that really shines in the older mil spec 9s that were designed around ball ammo.

Ive never tired the the Pow'r ball personally, but I don't think I've ever seen a bad bullet made by Cor-bon. I know that they forward these bullets to subject matter experts for an extensive ringing out, and are quite particular about QC. The Corbon's that use that wide Sierra hollowpoint is a fine bullet, and does shoot well enough in service sized guns.

They might be a little pricey for me, my approach generally centers around the load that normally shoots the straightest, and remarkably most of these are cheaper bullets. I think the most commonly accurate bullet is the old standard 115 JHP from Remington, followed closely by the 147 grain federal hydras.

Best to you Sir.

Steve

·
Banned
968 Posts
Well, I have shot nothing other then paper using .40 S&W Power Balls so what I am commenting on is accuracy. It is much more accurate then other new OEM loads and reloads. Plus, it does not produce too much smoke. After firing some other makes, you can't see in front of your face after six shots, which makes hitting something a bit harder.

I carry them because they are accurate, don't obscure my vision, and do not load up the barrel. Plus, they have gotten good reviews elsewhere when tested in various materials.

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
10,250 Posts
they do seem to shoot fairly accurately. As far as smoke blocking vision..... Stop using black powder.:rolleyes:
In my shooting of wet phone books, they fair pretty miserably for penetration. But as they "lose weight" due to the ball seperation, it is expected.
They issue I have with them is mostly price paid for results. Personally for me, I want lead to make it to the boiler room. The Pow R ball, tends to throw the ball in random directions, in my experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.