Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Shawn is the Super Moderator of this site and has described what happened in the thread "Shawn Injured" in the General Forum. Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
One time I was reloading shotshells, I was reloading some top level loads for steel plates. Everything looked fine until I got near the end and when I had done the math I should have ended up with 150 shells, but I was out of powder around 120. I didn't even try them and disassembled them all and salvaged what I could. I felt pretty dumb, but I'm happy now that I realized what I had done and not tried to use them anyway.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I missed that j.:eek: I've been gone from my PC. Was at another site and saw the link, never occurred to me it might be one of 'us'! Just thought it might be something everyone who shoots scatterguns should be aware of.

·
Super Moderator
3,824 Posts
It pays to be careful

It would be interesting to know what went wrong. Reloading is not dangerous, but you have to be careful. All the best...
Gil

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
OC, thx for the posting of the news report. That report has the best pics, other than being in the sheriff's office and seeing them fisthand. What is not in the pics is the magazine, which was detached by the blast and partially 'crushed' with two rounds still in the magazine. Glad those didn't ignite!

As we can see, I'm fortunate that the receiver held together enough to prevent the bolt and other parts from coming back into my face.

Don't take this personally, but I'm locking the thread to redirect the discussion to the the General Discussion 'Shawn Injured' thread, if for no other reason than to limit the amount of typing I do!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.