Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
Mike,

I think I can speak for the entire membership of this board in welcoming you to our merry band and look forward to discussing your Model 27 and many others for a long time to come. Feel free to bring up any and all topics, as we learn from each other's successes and failures.

To your question of holsters, I really like the crossdraw. It is comfortable for all day carry, the gun is quite accessible, and doesn't interfere with a slung rifle or backpack like a strongside rig will. It's also nice for a draw from the seated position, such as when you're stand hunting or get surprised by game while eating lunch, resting, etc. My favorite crossdraw rig is made by El Paso Saddlery, the Tom Threepersons. The standard version is a strongside but can be ordered as a crossdraw. The Bianchi Cyclone is another good one, but isn't made for your 5" N-frame like the El Paso product.

I personally set all my adjustable-sighted guns to 25 yards, so will defer to others to comment on your other question.

(Edited by Bill Lester at 7:37 am on June 1, 2001)

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
James is dead-on as usual in regards to the sight-in question. Front sights have been somewhat short, red ramp-insert affairs (YUCK!) for quite a while. When was the last time a regular production revolver came from the factory with a Patridge blade? But Mike if you choose to change your front blade that wouldn't be much of a problem, as your Model 27 is certainly of the pinned sight era.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts