Shooters Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my step-dad married my mom he inherited some wild kids. he immedatly started teaching me the putdoors. Hunting , fishing, woodsmanship, and just being comfortable in the outdoors. We hunted together for many years before he got Lukemia. We lost him Christmas Eve 1973. After his death during the reading of the will he left me his Win 94 30-30. He knew I would always treasure it.Because of a problem with his side of the family it took until Nov. of the following year to get the gun. When I got to deer hunting camp I told the rest of my buds that a buck was mine this year. (Me, the guy that had never shot a buck) After lunch the second day we were standing by the forest edge talking about which way we would go. Saw movement out the corner of my eye and when I looked a buck was belly-crawling across a trail behind us. At 140 yards I took a snap shot just as he jumped and down he crashed. A Nice 6 POINT.Back at camp that night the guys were giving me the hurra about the deer and I told them there was no doubt about getting a buck. I had my step-dad watching over me. Gun has a special place in my cabinet now. Doubt it will ever see the wood again..........

1 - 1 of 1 Posts