Shooters Forum banner

A good revolver?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  gutpile 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! Does anybody have experience with the Walker? My better half ok'd another gun purchase and I'm looking for a good back up as well as a target shooter. What do you think about this revolver and what load have you had success with? Thank you in advance. Redbone. P.S with the wide range of prices around has anyone found a place with good ones. P.P.S Any ideas on the leather also?  Sorry about the rambling, just excited about the new "hunt"

#2 ·
i have owned a few black powder revolvers over the years, including a second generation Colt 1860 Army, and an 1858 Remington clone from Italy, but in my opinion the Ruger Old Army is the finest made, strongest, most accurate black powder revolver made, they are extremally accurate, and they will handle heavy loads, i have shot 43 grains of FFFG in mine.

#4 ·
I'll have to agree, if you are looking for a cap 'n ball to actually shoot, and shoot a lot, then the Ruger's the only way to go!  They are rugged, reliable and scarry accurrate!  Go with one sporting adjustable sights, and never look back!

Mine are just as accurrate, (perhaps more so in some cases) than my centerfire revolvers when properly loaded.  Some fun, and cheap to shoot!

God Bless,

Marshall

#5 ·
the Old Army will fit any holster that will accept the Ruger blackhawk.  they are very accurate, in fact my Old Army is probably the most accurate handgun i own, and it has fixed sights.  i am not a fan of adjustable sights on handguns, but thats just my preferance. my brother owns an adjustable sighted Old Army, and we have shot side by side and compared them, and the fixed sighted model shoots groups just as tight and to point of aim,  you cant ask for more than that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.