Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've enjoyed shooting my (reproduction) Colt '51 Navy for a few years now and recently decided to pick up a Pietta LeMat in order to have some fun shooting this truly unique firearm.

I can't foresee any problem loading and shooting the .44, but, having never loaded or fired a muzzle loading shotgun before, am not really sure hot to best operate this aspect of this unique weapon.

Do any of you have any tips/tricks for loading and firing the 20 gauge barrel on a LeMat?

·
Registered
101 Posts
No answer yet! Maybe nobody is as crazy as you and I. I have a Pietta Lamat also. I cut open a 20ga. shell for the wad and shot then loaded 40gr. FF, the wad, shot and a wad of paper towel to hold the shot in. It fired ok. with a big boom and peppered a milk jug at 20 ft.. I have not fired the shotgun barrel again but plan to in the morning. Even though the gun is slightly heavy, I would suggest using both hands when you fire the 20ga. barrel, it is not like the 9 44cal. shots, this one really lets you know there is something in your hand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts