Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are probably very fee members left here that remember Bob (faucettb). He was a huge inspiration in my shooting life, and a great mentor. I really just wanted to post so he knows he is not forgotten, and is still very much appreciated! He loved his 8mm Rem Mag, with a 220 Gameking at 3050 if I remember that correctly. Its been several years now, since he passed (04/04/2009). It still hurts too.

I miss ya Bob!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I, too, miss Bob. Sage advice delivered like the gentleman he was.

Reactions: Tang

·
Beartooth Regular
2,211 Posts
A fellow idahoan and a great guy with a big heart. Miss ya, Bob.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,464 Posts
Yup. RIP Bob.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Bob was a really great guy

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
This thread motivated me to read a dozen or more old threads that 'faucettb' contributed to on this forum. I enjoyed them all and intend to read more of them. I feel some of your loss, he really seemed like a nice and knowledgeable fellow.

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,980 Posts
I still blame him for my love of my 204.;)
Potlatch gun show certainly wasn't as fun without him.

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
11,601 Posts
I think there ought to be a tribute to him in the Boise Cabelas instead of Elmer.

Bob was a class act and as such, impossible to follow.

RJ

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,996 Posts
Yup - Ol' Bob was a kindhearted soul and a great tinkerer. We had many PM's over time and I lost a friend with his passing. RIP, Bob.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Didn’t know him, but he sounds like a fellow I wish I did. RIP !
He really was a kind fella, with a heart the size of the great outdoors. He guided me as I was wanting to get into reloading, and pretty much talked me through everything in the beginning. It had gotten where I didn't buy a gun until I ran it passed Bob, to get his thoughts. He shot an 8mm Rem Mag, that you will find referenced to a lot if you dig through the archives. I know at one time, he also had a .308 Norma that he loved. He was the first to welcome a new member here, and usually the first to try to help. I lost a dear friend in Bob.

Yup - Ol' Bob was a kindhearted soul and a great tinkerer. We had many PM's over time and I lost a friend with his passing. RIP, Bob.
The Bob-Sled !!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Great and incredibly knowledgeable guy. Loved his stories about Alaska hunting or what was happening in central Idaho.

I bought a bunch of 147 gr. 308 bullets from him that he had pulled from mg ammo. Used about a dozen so far...

·
Registered
491 Posts
There are probably very fee members left here that remember Bob (faucettb). He was a huge inspiration in my shooting life, and a great mentor. I really just wanted to post so he knows he is not forgotten, and is still very much appreciated! He loved his 8mm Rem Mag, with a 220 Gameking at 3050 if I remember that correctly. Its been several years now, since he passed (04/04/2009). It still hurts too.

I miss ya Bob!
He was a gentleman and had a kind word for all. Also he had a wealth of knowledge. I miss him too.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I, too, lost a great friend in the passing of Bob Faucett, unfortunately being on the other side of the pond the news filtered slowly to this side and I missed being able to send flowers to the funeral. This hurt me because he really was a great mentor and I wanted to send my condolences that way.
Anyway, Bob was a great man with a wealth of knowledge and SENSE, which is diminishing in this day and age. He was also young at the time of his passing, which is unfortunate too.

Cheers.🥲🥲

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,980 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts