Shooters Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Used to be a remington guy myself. . Really like my woodsmaster 30-06 great shooter ..
easy to completely disassemble and clean .. but I doubt I'll buy another

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
the last remington i bought was a model 14 in 30 rem made in 1926(i think). tuesday, it will be going to my gunsmith to take out a broken screw(that i broke) and then he'll put on a old peep sight. i had him take apart the rifle, clean it and put it back together. i would do it, but its kinda hard with only one hand :ROFLMAO: . hey, i did the take down screw, but the breach block and the magazine(all its parts and pieces) was better off with my gunsmith.

i think it was 1995ish that i bought a new remington, m700 bdl in '06. i carried it hunting for a few years, but i was bored with the '06, so i sold it and bought another rifle. i like the older m7, but now it has a 20" barrel. the 18.5" barrel was and is a brush gun. to me, a brush gun is a win m94 or a marlin 336. light, quick to point and shoot a deer under 50 yards (20-25 yards are the most likely to shoot).

i doubt that i'll buy an older(1950 and under) remington, but there's always chance. i like my old military sporters. yes, they are beaten up. yes, the barrels on them are in desperate need of copper (or cupronickel) cleaning. yes, a couple of them are in need of a complete overhaul. but i'll take an old and worn mauser, spr armory and others anyday, instead of a new "plastic" rifle.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts