Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We opened this forum category as a place to discuss issues of faith, biblical topics, theological issues, prayer requests and other faith based issues.

We hope provide here a place for discussing these and other related questions and comments.

Our prayer is that this would be uplifting to all and glorify our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
14 Posts
Way to go, Marshall!!!

Now this is a real breath of fresh air.  I pray that this forum will indeed bring glory and honor to the Lord Jesus Christ.  In fact, may all of our lives bring glory and honor to Jesus.

I appreciate your stand for Christ, Marshall.

"For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.."  ---Romans 1:16a

God bless you Marshall and all those who the Lord leads past this way.

Only because of HIM,

Pastor Charlie

·
Registered
628 Posts
Marshall,

I can't imagine having to live life without the strength of Christ to lean on, and can't understand those whose lives resemble a hockey puck bouncing around the ice, and still refuse Christ.

I think you're new forum will get lots of use.

Don "Lobo" Lohr
in New Mexico

·
Registered
282 Posts
I appreciate your testimony for the Lord. I work down at the Union Gospel Mission here in Seattle once a month, the church I attend has been preaching the Gospel down there since 1956. 3 years ago I started preaching down there as well. Sydney, the man who has been preaching down there all those years is 76, so the Lord and he are schooling me to fill in for him when he heads on home. Sunday, the 14th we prayed with 2 men, they asked Christ to forgive them of their sins, I believe both were genuine. I'll be preaching next month, would appreciate your prayers. Also I am going to be in Alaska Bear hunting next week, leave the 26th. Will be with my brother and a friend of ours that we went to school with. Niether are saved, so if you would, I'd appreciate your prayer there as well. That my walk would be worthy of the gospel, Phil. 1:27.
Take care my brothers...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Brother Joel,

You can count on my prayers!  Praise the Lord for the way HE is using you to spread HIS GOSPEL.  He will put HIS words in your mouth.

For HIS WORD,

Pastor Charlie

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joel,

It's awesome to hear how God is preparing you for His work!  It's a fact that God doesn't call the equipped, but equips the called for service in His Kiingdom!

Now, about your hunt.... I'll keep it in prayer.  It sounds like you're greatest trophies will be the souls of men..... hides of bear will be a bonus!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
34 Posts
Marshall, What a refreshing web site! God is such an intregral and needed part of all our lives and yet most of us tend to keep him in our "sugar jars" and only go to him when we need him.  God bless you for incorporating Him in your daily life and ministering in God's name through your web site.  I have been wrestling with ways to be more of a christian and to what God's will may be.  I will continue to pray towards that goal and will keep all of you in my prays.  Thanks for being an inspiration to me.  Sincerely, Rob

·
Registered
572 Posts
"Wherever two or more are gathered"

Way to go Marshall!

Joel...I too will lift you in prayer. What you are doing is VERY near and dear to my heart. I spent a good number of years as Chaplain at the Rescue Mission in Fairbanks/AK. I left there to do a bit more focused work in the realm of Pastoral Care and Counseling for addicts, Alcoholics, and Convicts and now run a little "Clean House" with eight men in residence. I guess my specialty is "crisis management" 8*)

I lood foreward to the time here.

A "PPP" who is firmly in His grip.

Scotty

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't believe this website should promote or be affiliated with ANY religion.
But at least you're keeping it in a separate section, which I don't have to visit.
I just posted a reply under what the Bible says about self-defense, not realizing that this section was devoted to religion.
If a Jew posts his beliefs in this section, will you afford him the same respect and courtesy as you would a Christian?
How about a muslim and his beliefs?
Or a Bhuddist?
While I respect every man and woman's right to believe as they wish, I feel that this section --- obviously devoted solely to the beliefs of Christians --- is a mistake.
Yes, you have the right to express an opinion. And you have the right to worship as you wish.
But what does that belief have to do with firearms?
Why not a section on geology, physics, camping, fishing or art?
They have as much relation to guns and reloading as religion does.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gatofeo,

As I see it, Brother Marshall owns this site and can place any forum on it he choses.  God will bless him for what he is doing for the Kingdom.
    One moment after you die you will sorely discover that Christianity is not a mistake.  I pray God will open your eyes before it is too late.
Jesus is life.....all the rest is just details....

In my prayers,

Pastor Charlie

·
Registered
282 Posts
For a Christian his or her entire life is related to Christ. Some would call that religion, for me it's a relationship with a Person. A Person who is very much alive, and very much concerned with what I'm doing today, and what I'll be doing tomorrow. He isn't up there waiting to wack me on the head for something that I've done wrong, He wants to know me. Because we have this relationship, He is interested in everything I do. Whether work or play. I can't speak for Mr. Stanton, but everything I do involves Jesus Christ. Firearms included. I read your other reply, you are a very articulate. I've enjoyed reading all of your posts, and envy your shooting range that you have out your back door! You are right; "they all died". So will I, not sure when, I believe I have a right to protect my family and myself and I would not hesitate to do so. But if I killed every enemy I had, and I was the only one left, I still will die. I don't fear death at all, I won't lie to you, I do fear the pain associated with death, but death itself? No. However the One I do fear, respect or awe is a better word, is the One who stepped out of the Tomb on the 3rd day, that's a trick no one has ever pulled off but Him. Someday read the 6th chapter of Isaiah chapter 6, verses 1-7. Then go read the 19th chapter of Revelation, verses 11-21. This Lord who I serve came the first time as a baby, a helpless child. He grew into a man. He was completely humble, so much so that He allowed those who He created to drive iron stakes through His hands. The next time He comes, He will come as King. And He will completely wipeout those who are in opposition against Him. This is the Gentle Jesus, the world paints a picture of Him as a pansy, He's no pansy, He is an absolute Monarch, the Sovereign Lord of the whole universe. He owns me, and everything else that is in this whole universe, including this little ole insignificant talk forum. But you know what? He knows that it's brought great joy to the Stanton's. What Father wouldn't want His children to have the best? So everyday, when I look out the window and see that He brought the Sun around one more time, I thank Him. Us Christians, were a strange bunch, a peculiar people, don't give up on us, were not nearly as bad as you've heard...

Mat 10:28  And do not fear those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul. But rather fear Him who can destroy both soul and body in ####.

·
Beartooth Regular
598 Posts
Marshall, God Bless you! You are a good example. It is time to get the Church out of the four walls of Sunday and into the workplace. Afterall, "we" are the church, it is not a building. Personally, I have never been interested in religion. But I am very interested in the life-changing power of Jesus Christ. I think what you are doing is just great! And I know a few of these guys like Mainer and Coldfingers through email correspondences and I really believe the Lord is building a network of men. Real men. Not just the "play church because it looks good" type of man, but the type of man who is willing to lay down his life for the cause. Yes, it may hurt business sometimes. Yes, you may lose a few friends. But the rewards are eternal as well as the temporal reward of self-respect. We (my wife and I) have been involved in ministry for 20 years. Ours is a ranch-based ministry. At first we took those the organizational church was often rejecting. Then we began receiving those who were simply tired of churches that "play church". Our latest crop are all new converts and we are throwing meat to them from the get-go. We feel there isn't time to bottle-feed Christians anymore. We are raising up young Lions, not little lambs. So, how neat is it to see Christians rise up out of hunting and shooting websites. Carnivores for God! (Grin)
This is very encouraging.
Sunday Creek
actually, John L. Moore   Miles City, Montana
www.johnlmoore.com

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well, you all are certainly invited to your opinion.
Just as I am to mine.
I never said "Christianity is a mistake." I simply feel that posting it here is.
But then, as was pointed out here, the owner of this website may post whatever he wants. He has that right.
One minute after I depart this vale, I am certain I will not be met with a God saying something to the effect of "You didn't believe as others, you didn't worship me as others did, so suffer eternal torment or the nothingness of eternal death."
No, I may be chastized for what I did, and chastized even more for what I didn't do, but I am certain that God, Jesus, Yaweh or Whomever is not that cruel, spiteful, arrogant and unfair.
That's not the God I know.
Rather, it sounds more like his longtime nemesis.
I don't wish anyone ill-will. Nor do I wish to continue this discussion. I have my beliefs, my certainties, and you have yours.
I would hope we can continue to discuss firearms and related issues in a spirit of mutual respect.

·
Beartooth Regular
650 Posts
Marshall, thank you very much for this new forum which will give an opportunity to those who wish can "discuss issues of faith, biblical topics, theological issues, prayer requests and other faith based issues."  It truly will be a source of  food & inspiration for us all!

Gatofeo, WELCOME. Just as you do, I also respect every man and woman's freedom to believe as they wish. That is  one of the principles of what this great country of ours was founded upon. Marshall mentioned faith based issues, which can cover a number of beliefs. It so happens that he is a christian as am I, and the majority of the others that have so far responded to this post.

I was not always a christian, even though I attended catholic church in my youth.  It wasn't until I was in my 20's until I studied other religions.....looking for..... something.  While I was "seaking"  I was drawn back to the bible and these verses in particular-
Romans 10:9: "If you use your mouth to say "Jesus is Lord" and if you believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you will be saved."
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not parish but have eternal life.
John 3:17: "For God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."
John 3:18 "Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe, stands condemned already because he has not believed in God's only son."

I went on to accept  Jesus as my savior and I was given the peace that passes all human understanding. It has helped me to weather many of lifes storms.

Now, being a follower of Jesus, I love everyone regardless of their religion, race or beliefs, just as he commanded.  I respect everyone and judge no one.

Gatofeo, You are welcome in my house anytime.
Let's cast some bullets and go out and shoot them!

John

Reactions: JBledsoe

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,298 Posts
Gatofeo, I don't see anything here that says you can only post about Christianity.  Seems to me that your input is as welcome as anyone else's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Guys I can comprehend Gatofeo's concern for i escaped a demonic religion in 1980 which proclaimed Christ but practiced every immoral act as godly worship. Coming to the true Jesus Christ and accepting His rules for righteous living while heavily leaning upon Him for my salvation, my former associates saw my example and they left their old ways and they also came to realize and to believe in the true God. Perhaps our brother has been offended by some of the false Christians out there who profane Jesus' Gospel by abusing other Faiths beliefs especially the Jews and others. I have lots of Hebraic relatives who worship Jesus but in their own language where His name is Yeshuah ha Mashiah or Jesus the Christ, instead of the Greek based name that we are all familiar with. Many Jews avidly worship the Jewish Mashiah while believing the Christian Christ to be an impostor. Will we ever stop our bickering and simply believe in The Only Begotten Son Of God as our Savior and Redeemer regardless of the differences in our languges? I love Him. He loves me. He loves you too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A thread rising from the dead!

America still identifies as a majority Christian nation. Now, just how faithful or fervent those folks are, the Lord knows. But, charitable discussions about religion, even non-Christian, do require our moderation and self-control, but also leave us with more knowledge than we had before. Western civilization was constructed by Christianity, whether non-Christians like it or not. The hospital system. The college system. The scientific method. Other advancements too numerous to mention.

And, this was all accomplished around the world by those of every conceivable race and ethnicity, but all had a common faith. Yet, of all the prophets, teachers, gurus, leaders et al, only one in human history was predicted to come - and fulfilled each and every one of the prophecies, the most astounding of which was to rise from the dead. Why believe in anyone else?

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Would someone define to what &nbsp refers. It is difficult to read several of the posts with this thrown in without knowing to what it refers.

Good to read that at least some here understand the difference between the body and the Soul. The body is only a vessel to house the soul during our brief stay here on earth. Perhaps with wider understanding the concept of evolution, which was the means to create the body, it will be better understood as not to be in conflict with the concept of Creation by God, but as one of the more magnificent aspects of the Creation as it enables the vessels of life to continuously change through the ages to better utilize changes in the environment. No one who appreciates the magnificence of this aspect of the Creation has suggested that evolution has anything to do with the Soul.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts