1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I just got my mine back from the smith after nearly three months; THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE BIGGEST POS GUN I'VE EVER SEEN OR OWNED!!!!:mad:
Save yourself money and agravation and don't consider buying one.
Yanqui said:
WOW!!! There is another Single-Action revolver on the market. This is made by Beretta. It is the Beretta Stampede. Beautiful to say the least.

http://www.berettausa.com/product/spotlight/spotlight_stampede_main.htm

Do not have any pricing information.

Yanqui

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear that. I haven't gotten around to getting one. To bad you had to go through all that aggravation.

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
New Parts: bolt, detent spring, and detent spring screw, which required numerous unanswered calls from the gunshop to Beretta, trying to find a schematic of the gun and the part numbers, as if you even get through to them even they can't (read won't) identify the part or ship it unless the caller already knows the part number, but it took two months to find the part numbers so why would you want to shoot it after you bought it?
Then the smith did an action job, which he finished by saying that this is the first and last Stampede they will work on, as the internal parts are so dissimilar to Uberti, Ruger or Colt that they can't believe Beretta even made it! God only knows how the **** thing will shoot, and how long it will be until it breaks or kills me when it blows up! THE HAMMER IS HOLLOW TO ALLOW THE USE OF A TRANSFER SAFETY BAR, AND HAS THE FEEL AND APPEARANCE OF SOME KIND OF POWDER CAST METAL LIKE THE OLD CAP GUNS WE PALYED WITH AS KIDS!
All for a mere $550 plus tax after it all said and done! From what I can see on this and other boards, only about 25% (rough estimate) of these guns actually work right out of the box new. Can you imagine buying a car and being told that you only had a 1 in 4 chance of your new car starting up and driving off the lot? The other 3 would have to be towed to Italy for repairs!!!!
Yanqui said:
Sorry to hear that. I haven't gotten around to getting one. To bad you had to go through all that aggravation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine works fine. Whether with smokeless, or a case full of black powder. I saw several other favorable reports on this revolver on other forums. This is the first unfavorable one I've seen, but I've not been looking.

Pass the salt, please.

SFT said:
New Parts: bolt, detent spring, and detent spring screw, which required numerous unanswered calls from the gunshop to Beretta, trying to find a schematic of the gun and the part numbers, as if you even get through to them even they can't (read won't) identify the part or ship it unless the caller already knows the part number, but it took two months to find the part numbers so why would you want to shoot it after you bought it?
Then the smith did an action job, which he finished by saying that this is the first and last Stampede they will work on, as the internal parts are so dissimilar to Uberti, Ruger or Colt that they can't believe Beretta even made it! God only knows how the **** thing will shoot, and how long it will be until it breaks or kills me when it blows up! THE HAMMER IS HOLLOW TO ALLOW THE USE OF A TRANSFER SAFETY BAR, AND HAS THE FEEL AND APPEARANCE OF SOME KIND OF POWDER CAST METAL LIKE THE OLD CAP GUNS WE PALYED WITH AS KIDS!
All for a mere $550 plus tax after it all said and done! From what I can see on this and other boards, only about 25% (rough estimate) of these guns actually work right out of the box new. Can you imagine buying a car and being told that you only had a 1 in 4 chance of your new car starting up and driving off the lot? The other 3 would have to be towed to Italy for repairs!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
I'm glad you got a good one and don't have to share in the aggravation. There seems to be no middle ground with this model, just either works fine or doesn't work hardly at all. I bought it knowing I would like to have an action job done right away, but by the time I got it to the shop, I knew it was over indexed and wouldn't have fired if I would have gone to the range first, thus when I put in some snap caps after getting it home to test it properly, it ringed the cylinder and I knew then something was very wrong. Then the gunsmith had such a hard time with Beretta even getting the correct part numbers so he could order the right ones..I tell you I don't need that kind of aggravation! The whole reason I got into CAS was to relax and have fun! Oh well, enjoy your working model and make some smoke rings with that dark soot!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know the frustration, I've had expensive guns from other manufacturers that would not run properly out of the box, and at twice what I paid for that Stampede. It is irritating when you have to sink money into 'smith work on a new gun. But in this age of CnC, where nothing seems to be hand fitted in the final stage, I guess we pay the cost of technology. Generally I prefer my guns to be much older than me, and I'm no youngster, lol.

Sorry yours proved to be such a problem, gets in the way of making smoke and relaxing. Mine does shoot pretty accurately, has the 5.5 inch barrel, and I'm no pistolero.

Hope yours comes round.

SFT said:
I'm glad you got a good one and don't have to share in the aggravation. There seems to be no middle ground with this model, just either works fine or doesn't work hardly at all. I bought it knowing I would like to have an action job done right away, but by the time I got it to the shop, I knew it was over indexed and wouldn't have fired if I would have gone to the range first, thus when I put in some snap caps after getting it home to test it properly, it ringed the cylinder and I knew then something was very wrong. Then the gunsmith had such a hard time with Beretta even getting the correct part numbers so he could order the right ones..I tell you I don't need that kind of aggravation! The whole reason I got into CAS was to relax and have fun! Oh well, enjoy your working model and make some smoke rings with that dark soot!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SFT said:
but by the time I got it to the shop, I knew it was over indexed and wouldn't have fired if I would have gone to the range first, thus when I put in some snap caps after getting it home to test it properly, it ringed the cylinder and I knew then something was very wrong.
I'm sorry you had all this aggravation. But it seems that you could have avoided all this by simply returning it and had it replaced. Yes it is still irritating to go through with shipping and waiting. But I don't think that it can now be returned for replacement.

I returned a Puma 92 because of a bad bluing job instead of having it reblued myself. Of course I had to wait. But either way I would have had to wait.

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
Problem is that the gunshop has a no return policy, and would only ship it back to Beretta on my dime, saying that they would remiburse me if it was indeed defective. I knew it was on sale for a reason.
Yanqui said:
I'm sorry you had all this aggravation. But it seems that you could have avoided all this by simply returning it and had it replaced. Yes it is still irritating to go through with shipping and waiting. But I don't think that it can now be returned for replacement.

I returned a Puma 92 because of a bad bluing job instead of having it reblued myself. Of course I had to wait. But either way I would have had to wait.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SFT said:
Problem is that the gunshop has a no return policy, and would only ship it back to Beretta on my dime, saying that they would remiburse me if it was indeed defective. I knew it was on sale for a reason.
That is one of the big problems with many of the gun manufactures. You have to put up with a defective in their product and pay the shipping yourself not including having to pay for a dealer to ship since handguns now require overnight shipping. Not all are like that though.

I can understand wanting to pay for fixing the defect than putting up with all the B.S.

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
Yep...:( Just can't seem to get a winning hand lately.
Yanqui said:
That is one of the big problems with many of the gun manufactures. You have to put up with a defective in their product and pay the shipping yourself not including having to pay for a dealer to ship since handguns now require overnight shipping. Not all are like that though.

I can understand wanting to pay for fixing the defect than putting up with all the B.S.

·
Banned
1 Posts
WOW! Now I'm just a little concerned. I just bought the Beretta Stampede 357 meg. I have not shot it yet but it feels fine so far. The only thing I have found tough on it is that the base pin is a little tough coming out and going back into the cylinder. I hope to take it to the NRA range tomorrow night. Now before I bought the Stampede, I shopped around and talked to a lot of people and everything I heard was good about this shooter. There is even a write up review of the Beretta Deluxe Stampede in "Guns of the Old West" magizine that give a good review. We'll see after this week because I'm going to shoot it Wedn. and then Sunday. :rolleyes:

Happy Aurora Trails!
Chinxy!

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
Problem with many articles like the ones you mention is that the writers and magazines themselves have a vested interest in making their advertisers happy, thus the reviews can be more superficial than definative. This problem happens in some but not all such product reviews, so it's difficult to know for sure unless you do some research of your own.
Chinxy said:
WOW! Now I'm just a little concerned. I just bought the Beretta Stampede 357 meg. I have not shot it yet but it feels fine so far. The only thing I have found tough on it is that the base pin is a little tough coming out and going back into the cylinder. I hope to take it to the NRA range tomorrow night. Now before I bought the Stampede, I shopped around and talked to a lot of people and everything I heard was good about this shooter. There is even a write up review of the Beretta Deluxe Stampede in "Guns of the Old West" magizine that give a good review. We'll see after this week because I'm going to shoot it Wedn. and then Sunday. :rolleyes:

Happy Aurora Trails!
Chinxy!
I hope the quality of the Stampedes has gotten better, and that your's wil be a good, reliable shooter. If not, be sure to contact the factory first and follow their instructions to the letter, plus, make sure you keep written notes including the time, date, person you talked to and exactly what they said to do to correct the problem. Don't be afraid to "escalate" the call and ask for a supervisor if you do get a straight answer or if you're treated rudely. Please don't think I am implying that this is the case with the Beretta factory reps., rather it's just my advice in case things go wrong. Like I said, hope your's is a good one and you won't have to worry about all this, and it is my hope that while I did not have a good experience in this regard, other similar complaints will have forced better quality control and perhaps a redesign of certain parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have bought two Stampedes (got 'em both at the same time) and had problems with them the first time out. Looked great though.

Sent them back to Beretta (at a cost of $60+). Got them back promptly, but unfortunately they did not address my concerns. They did zero work on both of them.

Since then, I've spent a month talking with Beretta trying to get further action. They haven't said no, but they haven't said yes either.

When I get this resolved, good or bad, I'm plan to put up a full post of this matter on the SASS wire and maybe a couple of other places. I want them to do the right thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts