Shooters Forum banner

A Special 44 Special

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DarkLord 
#1 ·
Heading out for a little trail walk and decided to take this 44 special, which is just a fun little guy. FA 97 with 3.5 inch Octagon barrel, with a rounded grip frame makes it easy to carry on the hip, using a Simply Rugged Sourdough with a Hanks belt. I posted elsewhere about my like for 3.5 inch barrel guns, for some reason it’s my sweet spot.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel
Revolver Trigger Wood Air gun Everyday carry

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice! I'm thinking that +P loads are not an issue in that revolver! :ROFLMAO:

#3 ·
Just loaded her up with Buffalo Bore 200 gain hard cast wad cutter, self protection load. The only wildlife I will see today are walkers, bike riders, and joggers. When the path is less populated I use a standard 255 grain SWC Keith bullet outdoorsman load. U know when you touch one off, at least I do. Hope I answered your question.

#4 ·
Love the 44 Special cartridge---my "lightweight" woods gun is a 4 3/4" Colt SAA loaded with a homemade +P reload---240 hardcast LSWC over 7.5 grains of Unique powder---about 950 FPS---good, hard hitting ammo. The revolver is carried in a one-of-a-kind custom full-flap leather holster made by my old friend (RIP), Gordon Davis.
Love your Freedom Arms 97 in 44 Special---I have two Freedom Arms Model 83s in 454 Casull---a 4 3/4" and a 6 1/2" I used to carry back in my roaming Alaska days... I have another full-flap holster for the shorter barrel 454, also made by the late Gordon Davis that's just pure leather art!

#6 ·
I'm not a fan of the Freedom Arms revolvers personally, but that is REALLY nice! I think they're wonderful revolvers; I just can't stand their grip frame...just doesn't work for my hand at all. Which is kind of a bummer, because I like everything else about the revolver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.