Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Inactive
7,586 Posts
chase,
Welcome.

Not quite sure what you mean by 'bolt sleeve'? Do you mean the part that is on the bottom of the bolt in its normal position, and which you can rotate on the bolt if you take the bolt out of the action?

I have an A-bolt in 338 Win Mag, and when I have a full magazine (3 in this chambering), the bolt will shave some brass off the top cartridge in the magazine when stroking the bolt back if cartridges are not seated just right. The magazine is very tight. I found that if I didn't have the cartridges seated just right in the magazine (too far forward?), that shaving would occur on the backstroke, but also on the fwd stroke and sometimes the bolt wouldn't pick up the cartridge. Seat the cartridges all the way back in the magazine and I hope your troubles disappear.

·
Inactive
7,586 Posts
chase,
If you can post a pic of the bolt, please do so. Instructions here for doing so here on the site:

http://www.shootersforum.com/showthread.htm?t=34239

I use photobucket. Very easy to set up on photobucket and once you do, you're set and it becomes second nature after using it awhile. I'd post a pic of my A-bolt bolt, but I'm having challenges that are browser-related, not photobucket. I may be able to get a pic posted from work tomorrow.

Edit: Here's a pic of my bolt that I had in Photobucket. Not the best for our purposes, but may be useful?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.