Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Beartooth Regular
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to take a few minutes here and thank all of those that have served our country - in the worst of times and in the best of times. You have given more than was asked to protect our liberty and freedoms. From the beat of my heart I thank you.

Now, those on this forum and untold others have given their time, their sweat, their blood and some gave their lives so that we may be able to exercise our constitutional freedoms and live in the heart of liberty, so I think we owe it to them and ourselves to go out and vote tomorrow.

I'm not here to tell anyone how to vote, but these fine men and women have given so much that it is our obligation as their benefactors and as citizens of the greatest country on the face of the earth to exercise the rights and voice they have given us and protected for us.

Please, one and all, go to your polling place tomorrow, whether it is a small country store on America's rural backroads, in a post office in our great nation's largest cities, or in a tiny little mountain hamlet in Alaska, go and vote. Vote your heart and passions, vote so that your voice is heard, so that your concerns are realized, so that these great men and women have not served in vain.

Please, go out and vote...

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Your welcome Alyeska, thanks for the thought. Unfortunity I'm not in a position to vote right now.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,313 Posts
Way ahead of you, voted last week! (early voting in Texas sure is handy).

·
Registered
871 Posts
Thanks for your support, Alyskea, its great to be to acknowledged. I figure the veterans are the ones that need the majority of the thanks, as they had the lion's share of the work, in getting us to where we are today. I am sure Combat Diver and I share the same ultimate goal in preserving what these men have fought so hard to gain for all of us.

I was looking at some of my old home movies of the Turnigan Arm the other day with my kids, and we had filmed some in the Ski resort there in the middle of the summer. Man, what a pretty place. I don't normally take notice of flowers,fauana, and such things - but when saw it again, i made a mental note to mention it to you. I hope one day before I get too old and broke down, to get back up that way and try to run Crow pass one more time.

Diver, you be careful, you hear? You groupers are in short supply, and we need you fellers more now than ever.

Hooah.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Whitehunter, You at Campbell or Knox? I'll be at Campbell for some leave in a few weeks.

·
Beartooth Regular
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hunter35,
If you get up this way again, let me know when you'll be here and I'll try to make the run with you. I can show you some secret fishing spots too.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just got back from the polls, and I'm not ashamed to say I'm Republican! Used to be Democrat, then woke up and saw what they are doing to our country.

I went to Arlington National Cemetary. I'll never be the same again. As I walked through the portico, and saw all those white grave markers streching out as far as I could see, tears came to my eyes. The tears stayed the whole time I was there. That's the 2nd closest I've ever come to Holy Ground. The first was the day I met Jesus Christ as my Savior.

The freedom that this country enjoys came at the ultimate price. Blood. Lot's of it. I'll never forget it, and I'll never take it for granted again. That's a promise to every Veteran

·
Registered
434 Posts
Thanks for the consideration. It is interesting to see how things are unfolding in the election and other world events from the point of view of a Canadian soldier. As a soldier my job is to go where I am asked to go and do what I am asked to do. Generally, Canadian's have done themselves proud on the battlefield, like 3 PPCLI in Afghanistan, but it is troubling to see that this is just being used as justification for NOT increasing defence spending.

I respect the differences between our two great countries but I sometimes think Canada's politicians don't have too firm a grip on political realities compared to either major US party.

But then, I have always found when talking to soldiers who were or would be the enemy in time of war that soldiers have more in common with each other than they do with their political masters!

Kanuck

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks Guys,
Voted, and for the first time in many years, all of my candidates won. I guess the rest of the state is finaly getting smart?

Arlington is a bad place for veterans. I went several times until I happened to be there at the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I haven't been able to go back.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,465 Posts
Thank you, you bet!

Not to steal anyone's thunder, but Alyeska is Right!

Thank a vet or service man/woman for their selfless-ness!!

You all should be proud!!!;)

God Bless,
Chris~

·
Registered
247 Posts
Gee its nice to see people apreciate service for ones country,never served alon any Canuks,but I always remember what they did for some of our people in Iran.

·
Banned
32 Posts
When I served in the early 70's, we had to hide who we were to go out in public. Few people liked us, but they accepted our money in their businesses. It's great to see that attitude has changed back to the way it should be. Miltary service is honorable and vital to our country's survival.

·
Registered
311 Posts
ExtremeDooty,
I was told not to wear my uniform as I came back from Vietnam because it might cause a scene. I wore it hoping it would.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts