Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Inactive for over a decade
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is Ash Wednesday. It signifies the Beginning of Lent, the 40 day period before Easter (its actually 46). Jesus gave His Life for us, and many religions ask that their patrons give up a luxury during this time. Only a few require it, in modern times its optional. I usually give up fast food. This year I'm going a step further and giving up meat and my foul language. I hope losing the foul language is a longer lasting item.

·
Banned
505 Posts
Been doing it my whole life! I love Catholics and being one too. You need to switch from foul to fowl language are you not a great bird hunter too! Fast food to me is a running dear or buck, or even a good bird. Not willing to give up that, but I would for Jesus. If you mean Mickey D's or BK. By all means... that stuff will kill you! Peace of Christ, be with you and give you strength!

·
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its tough to give up something you're so accustomed to though. Precisely why I picked meat.

·
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are giving up something you don't use or rely on every day, you are kind of slapping the philosophy in the face.

If you are surviving on Liver and Lima Beans, I'm quite impressed!

·
Banned
157 Posts
If you are giving up something you don't use or rely on every day, you are kind of slapping the philosophy in the face.

If you are surviving on Liver and Lima Beans, I'm quite impressed!
Thanks for that. For me its a year round walk. Helping others to find thier path thru the Bible is what I believe best.,
Putting Bibles in hotels and motel rooms is one of my missions in life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.