Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some great info. from everyone and appreciate it alot. I'm going to try and switch from Unique to aa#2. Does anyone know where  I can find any load info for this powder? The manuals I have do not mention it. I am using 255gr Hornady cowboy bullet and can't seem to find any info.  I want this bullet traveling around 700fps from my Ruger Vaquero 4 5/8 barrel.  Anyone have a good load for this powder?  Thanks in advance. joe

·
Beartooth Regular
2,160 Posts
Hi Joe,
      My Accurate manual shows a max "cowboy" 45 Colt load of 5.9gr for the 255gr bullet giving 813 fps from a 7.5" test barrel. I would supect that in your gun you should get velocities pretty close to 700, maybe just a bit more.   IDShooter

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,762 Posts
Joe454,

In conjunction with IDShooter's input, you can go online to the Accurate Arms site (accuratearms.com) and down load their powder data manual.  IDShooter referenced the cowboy load. Also, in the Handgun Loads section, they reference the starting load for the 255 SWC as 5.3grs for 748fps and 5.9grs. for 813 as max.. Interesting that they would recommend the max load for the cowboy load (most accurate?)

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts