Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used AA#5 for the .41 mag? If so what loads worked best? Marshall do you have any data for AA#5 and the 265 WFN?

Am trying to get down the number of powders I keep on the shelf, #5 works well for the 9mm,.40 and midrange 357's would like to use it for 41 also.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I have used #5 in the 41 mag and found it to suitable if you are not looking for full power loads, these are best left to AA#9,2400,296,H110 depending on your preference. I did find it to be less useful with the heavy for calibiler SSK bullets that I sometimes use (I with I had a mould for these). You'd be well advised to keep some slower powder on hand for full power loads as you'll give up 100+ fps using number 5 compared to the slower burning powders. I don't have any specific experience with the 265gr bullet you mention, but I did find that #5 was not useful for me with the 275-300gr cast bullets. I was looking to attain max velocity at reasonable pressure levels when developing loads for the heavier bullets and #5 was left out of the testing early on as a result of chronograph data.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts