Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you'd like to see an image of the office I'm working in. Not much, but the scenery is nice.

Attachments

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, oh woe is me. :p Here's an image of the survey we did near Mount St. Elias this spring.

Attachments

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,465 Posts
You poor son of a gun:p I feel so bad you can't be in the congested NYC area where I'm stuck. I better come on out there and check on your well being!!!!!:D

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I've always said that each and every place in this great country of ours has it's own charm and beauty. Well, maybe not Berkeley, but there's a lot of grace where all of us make our homes.

m141a,
We are about to leave on another month long survey expedition type project - lots of mountains, glaciers, canyons, gorges, etc... Always could use another packmule (just like me). I do prefer the granite canyons to the concrete canyons, I will have to admit, though. :p

By the way, that is an incredible picture of NYC.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,465 Posts
I personally would come and haul ANYTHING you want to see Alyeskah!!!! The problem is try to convince the ol' lady and my work!!!!
Believe it or not, that picture was taken just before the city turned off the tribute lights this spring on a throw away kodak!
My friend took it and scanned it into his computer, so I will not take credit for it.
Have a safe trip, be well,
Chris~

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only part of this trip that I don't like is that it is going to run right through sheep season. Then, we come back in, we have the tedious task of reducing and compiling all the field data and platting work will pretty much take care of moose season. Looks like my hunting might be limited to a late season deer hunt and maybe a winter caribou hunt. First sheep season I've missed since I can't remember when! Oh well, can't complain too much, I've got the freezer near full of salmon and halibut. A deer or two will do just fine.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Alyeska338 you've got it rough. My brother-in-law does simular work. He lives in Fairbanks. Made a trip up there in the summer of 95. Always wondered what HEAVEN looked like. Very tough to come back to the big grey conjested city. I'm sure you have nothing to complain about, but if you ever do, just think about us poor souls in the lower 48. The flat grey dull lower 48. Keep your sunglasses handy and your revolver loaded. I MISS ALASKA.

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AJ,
You are right, I have no right to complain. I just wish we could've got to this portion of the contract before sheep season. Sheep hunting is in my blood and in my heart. This is the first sheep season I've missed since I had back surgery. I won't miss it next year, the good Lord willing and the planes still fly. I have no complaints, though. I'll be doing work in some indescribable country. Mountains, glaciers, canyons, gorges, waterfalls, moose, bear, goats. I love the job I do, couldn't ask for a better fit for me. I know when I lay my tired head down at night, I earned every penny (and then some) that I was paid for that day. Of course, the other way to look at is that I should be paying someone to let me have so much fun in such magnificent country.

I did get to go out and do some silver salmon fishing in the Kenai Fjords today and we got our limit. Caught a halibut just to ice the cake.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,465 Posts
When you head out on your next survey, be sure you bring along that CAMERA!!!!! I think that alot of us are living vicariously through your lens....C'mon, let us dream!!!!:D

Safe trip...

Chris~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts