Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using BreakFree for several years.Just recently,I read the label on a can of Ballistol and if it does half of the claims it is an amazing product.Do any of you have any experience with Ballistol? I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ballistol

The lube Ballistol that I was asking about is not for cast bullets but is used like a gun oil.Only thing is, it will do so much more.I put Ballistol on search and came up with lots of info.I am going to try it and let you know how it works.I thought maybe one of you had already tried it.

·
Beartooth Regular
5,218 Posts
TAP,
I haven't used Ballistol nor know anyone that does use it, but "rumor" has it that it is a very good product. Reports of a water "repellent" lubricant 'Bullfrog' is also one of those wonder products. I've used Bullfrog on on other tools and it seems to work very well on moving parts that get exposed to saltwater spray and continuous rain. I haven't had the guts to be the first guinea pig to use it my guns yet, and the combination of the usual suspects of solvents, oils and grease made by companies specifically for firearms haven't really let me down yet, so I guess I've taken the attitude of "if ain't broke, don't fix it". Let us know what your findings are, for better or worse.

·
Registered
217 Posts
T.A.P.,
I've been using Ballistol for about 3 years now. It does everything Hoppes #9 does, and more. It cleans and lubricates all my smokeless and black powder guns superbly. It is also a great wood, leather, and plastic conditioner. It brings back that like new sheen with a few squirts and wipe of the rag. Heck, it can even be used as a disinfectant. Those Germans are very innovative. It mixes with water, and a 50/50 mix with water is a great blackpowder cleaner.
A friend used it to restore some worn original black "flat top" grips to like new condition with it. Ross Seyfried speaks highly of it and uses it on his guns. In the 3 years I've been using it, I've not seen a speck of rust on any of my guns. Ballistol does not change the point of impact on your rifle as some cleaners can, after cleaning the barrel. Great stuff !!
Jeff

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ballistol

I appreciate the feedback.I bought a can of Ballistol and it did a good job cleaning one revolver.I also wiped two rifle stocks and they look great.While at it, I used it on a leather holster laying on the bench and it put new life in it.After the holidays I will give it a work out at the range and report back.So far ,the only objection might be the odor.It did not bother me but my wife did not care for the smell.I really can`t get over the sheen on those stocks.

·
Banned
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ballistol

This is Tap again after using Ballistol for a few days.Ireally can`t add to what CastnBlast`s report said as he covered the subject well.I am pleased with the product and will be using it from now on.I want to try it on my flint locks and see how well it works.Regardless of the muzzle loader results, I think I will be using it instead of Breakfree on everything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts