Shooters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished browsing Gunbroker for ammo and components. Here’s to the folks trying to get $180 for a set of pistol dies, or $120/brick of 22s, or $15-$20 per 100 small pistol primers. As Little Jimmie Dickens used to sing.”.May the bird of paradise fly up your nose!”
My only wish is that you all get stuck with hundreds of dollars worth of stuff you have to take a loss on. We shooters have to stick together, not rip each other off, just because we can.
I’ll do without before I support an unprincipled opportunist! ( I should have used a more vulgar adjective and verb here).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Prices are starting to move back down. All the shelves around my area of Alabama are full of over priced ammo. Reloading supplies are back in stock again online and suppliers are starting to compete on price again. Over the past 4 months prices have fallen a lot on ammobuy.com. I agree with you, I hope the gougers choke on inventory

·
Registered
142 Posts
I’ll do without before I support an unprincipled opportunist! ( I should have used a more vulgar adjective and verb here).
Myself, I was thinking more along the lines of "Low-Rent, Drop-Kick, Knee-lift, Rabbit-punch Mother TRUCKER". Apologies to Dan Jenkins.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just finished browsing Gunbroker for ammo and components. Here’s to the folks trying to get $180 for a set of pistol dies, or $120/brick of 22s, or $15-$20 per 100 small pistol primers. As Little Jimmie Dickens used to sing.”.May the bird of paradise fly up your nose!”
My only wish is that you all get stuck with hundreds of dollars worth of stuff you have to take a loss on. We shooters have to stick together, not rip each other off, just because we can.
I hear you. I have been trying to find 5.7x28 ammo with V-max bullets and for a long time the only place that ad them was GunBroker. Some sold for $2 a round. Not sure how these folks get them to begin with but they can go pound sand before I will buy them. The ammo is starting to become easier to get now but these creeps still have it priced in the clouds. Not going to happen. I reload everything else but they tell me the caliber is difficult to reload because for one thing, the powder they use is not listed and the rounds are not sami listed. I know where there are some dies so I think I will give it a shot. Will post the results.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I hear you. I have been trying to find 5.7x28 ammo with V-max bullets and for a long time the only place that ad them was GunBroker. Some sold for $2 a round. Not sure how these folks get them to begin with but they can go pound sand before I will buy them. The ammo is starting to become easier to get now but these creeps still have it priced in the clouds. Not going to happen. I reload everything else but they tell me the caliber is difficult to reload because for one thing, the powder they use is not listed and the rounds are not sami listed. I know where there are some dies so I think I will give it a shot. Will post the results.
5.7 x 28 on ammoseek.com for 1.25rd now. I know thats still high

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just finished browsing Gunbroker for ammo and components. Here’s to the folks trying to get $180 for a set of pistol dies, or $120/brick of 22s, or $15-$20 per 100 small pistol primers. As Little Jimmie Dickens used to sing.”May the bird of paradise fly up your nose!”
I’ll do without before I support an unprincipled opportunist! ( I should have used a more vulgar adjective and verb here). Why Not!.
--> Gun-Broker ... will poke your eyes out with the prices! If you have an ample amount of surplus money that just has to spent and don't really care how much you spend ... Well then ... go for it. Correction ... May the bird of paradise fly up your A$$ and sting like a [Killer Wasp] - multiple times!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I refuse to buy any components from gunbroker.com and the scalper prices. The cost of primers has doubled in the past 2 years, (but are not available), powder is starting to show up again at outlets like natchez.com and powdervalleyinc.com, I don't like paying the hazardous shipping fees but if I buy in bulk and split the cost it's not too painful. The key here is to check the sites often, know what you can work with and act when it shows up, (powder prices have only gone up about 2 bucks). Bullets are starting to be available again from places like midwayusa.com and midsouthshooterssupply.com but your not likely to be able to just go online and buy, although handgun bullets are becoming more available, (I waited 5 months for my first choice rifle bullets but they gave them to me for the price when I got on the notification list, which saved me $6 / 100. Loaded ammo is coming back in stock but the prices are about 1/3 more than 2019 prices. A friend of mine told be the last time he was in Cabela's they were putting powder on the shelves but it only lasted a couple of hours. I work with 2 other reloaders who watch websites for available material and pre-agreed components and prices. When something shows up we buy and share the cost. Purchase Gun Reloading Equipment | Green Top Sporting Goods is another site that offers fair prices for components.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Prices are starting to move back down. All the shelves around my area of Alabama are full of over priced ammo. Reloading supplies are back in stock again online and suppliers are starting to compete on price again. Over the past 4 months prices have fallen a lot on ammobuy.com. I agree with you, I hope the gougers choke on inventory
What part of Alabama, Near lake Martin myself!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Midway has primers for $75.00 per 1000. That's twice the price I paid for last primers I bought. Think I will wait.
The last primers I bought were from Cabela's for $19 per 1000, got 15000 of them! They will last me the rest of my days sense I never get to shoot anymore!

·
Registered
16 Posts
What part of Alabama, Near lake Martin myself!
Deatsville is where I live. Academy in Prattville went from lines every Tuesday,Thursday and Sunday to shelves full and nobody in line. Walter Craig gun store in Montgomery has shelves full no line. Wholesale Hunter in Wetumpka has shelves full but they pissed me off when they advertise a online ammo price and you walk in and the shelf price is higher because they charge shipping on that online price so no shipping equals higher price. Silly to ***** over a dollar but it's my dollar

1 - 16 of 16 Posts