Shooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thirty-one House Democrats have proposed legislation that would prevent people from buying ammunition online, and would instead require all purchases to be made in person — a change they admit is aimed at preventing people from buying “unlimited” ammunition over the Internet.
(Ammo Sales Act) would also require all ammo dealers to be licensed by the government, and require bulk ammo purchases to be reported to the government.
Dems Have A Bunch of New Ideas to Stop You From Buying Ammunition | TheBlaze.com

Do these people ever sleep? :mad:

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,001 Posts
Nope......

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Like Stretch says, "Liberals act, conservatives complain."

Reactions: StretchNM

·
Premium Member
16,005 Posts
The last pro-gun Democrat was Andrew Jackson. BEWARE anything they come up with.

Reactions: Gator Monroe

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I'd hoped they would start to back-off

once they got to tweet on face book or whatever it is they do for entertainment.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Nope, Tweets just help them to Organize "Demonstrations" like Ferguson or Baltimore Quicker and with more Attendees.

Conservatives just seem to read more Balanced information sources and don't believe every Tweet made.

Best Regards,
Chev. William

PS: My Personal approach is to buy Ammo in Moderation, leave soem on the shelves for others, and Shoot less than you buy, thereby building up a Stock "Just in Case".
Chev. William

·
Registered
882 Posts
Gun controllers can make ammo you now own worthless an unusable. CA has passed a copper only bullet requirement for hunting big game. It won't stop there. If you know the agenda, you can predict the outcome. Copper only is the first step on a slippery slope. At the bottom, which is where Californians are headed, is a complete ban on lead ammo for everything, including target shooting. That means every single lead round and shell that Californians now have will be forbidden from firing within this state's borders.

Has anyone proved that waterfowl has benefited from steel shot? My theory is that it hasn't, if we're considering injured/crippled birds that die at a later time. Steel shot is infamous for wounding birds. Let's assume that birds do consume lead pellets and then die of lead poisoning; however, I've yet to rear scientific research that conclusively proves that theory. Would such a dead bird be any more dead than a bird crippled by steel shot that dies later?

Does there exist scientific research that proves copper only bullets are more safe to wildlife?

During an elk hunt last Sept, I listened while guides lamented copper bullets. They called them pencil hole makers.

Call me cynic and skeptic, but this ain't about the environment. It is about incremental gun control.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Gun controllers can make ammo you now own worthless an unusable. CA has passed a copper only bullet requirement for hunting big game. It won't stop there. If you know the agenda, you can predict the outcome. Copper only is the first step on a slippery slope. At the bottom, which is where Californians are headed, is a complete ban on lead ammo for everything, including target shooting. That means every single lead round and shell that Californians now have will be forbidden from firing within this state's borders.

Has anyone proved that waterfowl has benefited from steel shot? My theory is that it hasn't, if we're considering injured/crippled birds that die at a later time. Steel shot is infamous for wounding birds. Let's assume that birds do consume lead pellets and then die of lead poisoning; however, I've yet to rear scientific research that conclusively proves that theory. Would such a dead bird be any more dead than a bird crippled by steel shot that dies later?

Does there exist scientific research that proves copper only bullets are more safe to wildlife?

During an elk hunt last Sept, I listened while guides lamented copper bullets. They called them pencil hole makers.

Call me cynic and skeptic, but this ain't about the environment. It is about incremental gun control.
Well said and correct in my opinion. There have been countless articles here in California about condors and other birds found dead with lead in their digestive tracts. Many of the articles citing the exact same bird(s) over and over.. Not one that I have read has made the a connection between the death of the bird and ingesting the lead. They just throw it out there and let the gullible amongst us connect the imaginary dots. If this was real cause and effect we would have to somehow keep every bird of prey from ingesting sand, dirt, or gravel because you find those items in nearly every dead bird too....

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
Walt45,

Thanks for the link. These ammunition "Controls" are merely Gun Controllers incrementally TIGHTENING of the SCREWS! Go check on the Massachusetts Ammunition purchasing LAWS. You MUST First obtain a Firearms ID Card from your unsympathetic Police Chief after you fill out a several page Form, pay a fee for the "Service" and then need to renew every few years or be in "Illegal Possession" of your guns and ammo and all are forfeit and you go to jail!

Webley

·
Premium Member
16,005 Posts
Politicians have to be reminded what "Shall Not be Infringed" means.

There was never a believable study to show lead ingestion harmed waterfowl, but two generations of hunters have stopped buying Duck Stamps by about 70% last I heard. In fact, at a DU dinner years ago it was claimed more duck stamps are bought as 'art' than as waterfowl hunting permits.

I'll post a link to a very little known book that is coming true as we watch.

Reactions: Davers

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
JBelk,

I gotta agree with you. The 2nd Amendment says what it means! I do not care if you have a box of 50 rounds or an 18 wheeler load of ammunition in your house. It IS our Right and does not need to be limited or "qualified" by Liberal Politicians!

WHO will "Limit" the amount of ammo the Criminals have? The politicians are apparently "Barking Up The Wrong Tree." Or is this limiting of ammo part of a "Larger PLAN????

Webley

·
Registered
136 Posts
We are already have to deal with no internet sales of ammo here in the communist state of NY, since the safe act started. Soon we will have to go through background checks to purchase ammo. Can hardly wait.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I LAUGH !!!

The dolts that introduced / sponsor this legislation are too stupid to realize that it's not going to have any chance of passing, but it will create yet *another* panic cycle where on-line ammo sales goes absolutely through the roof.

So at the end of the day, their efforts only result in the EXACT opposite (of what they want) happening...

How could anyone not see this and recognize that liberalism truly IS a mental disease? On the other hand - maybe it's the liberals who own all the ammo companies and they're just playing us to drive up sales and prices??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this the new normal? The trouble I have with this is not that it will ever go anywhere, but any chance we had of being closer to finding ammo online will be again crippled by panic buying. This is getting to be a dreadful cycle.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Is this the new normal? The trouble I have with this is not that it will ever go anywhere, but any chance we had of being closer to finding ammo online will be again crippled by panic buying. This is getting to be a dreadful cycle.
All this "Gun Control" nonsense began with the GCA of 1968. I remember back in 1969; I purchased a Winchester Model 770 in .270. The rifle came in and I picked it up after filling out the 4473 form. I then bought a couple boxes of .270 shells ($5.50/box), saw some .22 LR ammo and decided to buy some for Squirrel season. I could buy the .270 ammo with no problem but they wouldn't sell me .22 LR ammo because I was only 20 years old, and you had to be 21 to buy that type of ammo because it could be used in a handgun.:rolleyes:

I am sure this new attack on our 2nd amendment rights will NOT pass. We've been able to legally to purchase by mail order ammunition since the mid 1980's.

·
Premium Member
16,005 Posts
Guns, ammunition, and enthusiast of both are being minimized and categorized to the point of derision and ridicule. The word 'Sports' has been corrupted to the point of meaninglessness and the Disney-fication of four generations of Americans has totally blurred the lines of reason versus instinct which is the basis of all hunting and fishing.
We seem to be losing the battle bit by bit because we compromise instead of fight because it's easier.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.