• No

Votes: 82 47.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to see if anyone has seen some improvement in the ammo shortage. In Kentucky, the "Big-Box Stores" (Wal-Mart, Sportsman's Warehouse) don't seem to restock or the ammo gets snatched-up that quickly. However in some smaller stores (namely Bud's Gun Shop) I'm starting to see some trickle back in. Still no real change in the availability of hand-loading supplies (scarce to say the least).

What's it like in your area?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Handloading supplies no problem. 22LR ammo is still non exsistent here, unless you shop at Wallyworld at 3 a.m. Even then it's hit or miss, usually miss. They have a few boxes of other rifle calibers, the rest of the handgun stuff gets bought up pretty quick. Shotgun shells are not a problem at all, tons of that available.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,124 Posts
Seeing a lot more powder, primers, and bullets on the shelves. Haven't looked much for loaded ammo.

Reactions: fritz1

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,870 Posts
Big sports stores like Sportsmans Warehouse and Bass Pro Shop are overflowing with stocked factory ammo. Still have a problem with powder in my area. Primers are available, if you can afford them! :eek:

·
Banned
1,668 Posts
Today in the Mansfield, PA Walmart the shelves were "groaning" from the weight of all the ammo. There were 50 boxes of 225 rounds each caliber .22 LRHP ammo, about 40 boxes of 333 rounds of Winchester .22 LRHP ammo and 40 boxes of 555 rounds of Federal .22 caliber LRHP ammo. There was lots of high power rifle ammo, many boxes of shotgun shells and muzzleloader supplies including Pyrodex in great plenty.

Perhaps even the Hoarders have enough on hand-seems so to me.

Webley

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Ammo and loading supplies are good here. Wally World isn't worth going to, they don't stock squat. what is on their shelves seems to be what people don't buy, it's been there forever and they never restock.
The local SG stores including the farm supply have good supplies. Sportsmans warehouse,good stocks. .22 LR is still kind of hit and miss but it can be had.
The one cal. I can't find anywhere is .22mag
Prices over all not bad.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
The one cal. I can't find anywhere is .22mag
Forgot about 22 magnum. I got a couple boxes of Fiocchi (which seems to be decent ammo) a few months ago but have been saving the 75 or so rounds of CCI that I have left for lean times.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I haven't noticed much of a change here in western Kentucky.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,254 Posts
More ammo on the shelves around here except 22 lr. Figger which one I am looking for....

·
Registered
357 Posts
Looks like it might be easing some here, but far from over. I'm seeing a wider variety of bullets on the shelves, a few primers, but as kdub says, no powder! Only BP substitutes.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Bass pro over in Shreveport had a few bullets for reloading but only 1 kind of powder Hodgdon hp-38 I think was what it was. Couldn't find any load data for it in 45 Colt so I passed. Looked like they had a fairly decent amount of ammo but I didn't look at what kinds. Glad I bought a few lbs of varget and h-322 before it dried up but still needing a good 45 Colt powder for some cast bullets.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Need Powder ? Order it from Midsouth online. I bought an 8 lb keg of Unique and 2 lbs of 2400 several months ago, placed the order in january, got the powder in in April. Paid less per pound than I could buy it anywhere locally even with the $25 hazmat fee added in the price. Came out to be around $20/lb.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Just wanted to see if anyone has seen some improvement in the ammo shortage. In Kentucky, the "Big-Box Stores" (Wal-Mart, Sportsman's Warehouse) don't seem to restock or the ammo gets snatched-up that quickly. However in some smaller stores (namely Bud's Gun Shop) I'm starting to see some trickle back in. Still no real change in the availability of hand-loading supplies (scarce to say the least).

What's it like in your area?
No great improvement, in my area of Ky to speak of. Ammunition like .22 LR, .308, .223, 7.62 X 39 m/m are still in very short supply unless you want to pay "triple" the price. Just glad I have enough .22 LR ammunition.

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
There is a greater supply of the most common types of ammo on the shelves, these days, but when you consider that companies like Hornady are still not even producing many of the items in their bullet line, due to persistently high demand for those common bullets, I don't see how you can think the ammo shortage is ending.

I guess if you shoot 9mm or 223, you might? The absence of 22 rimfire and quite a few of the less common components tells me we're still quite a ways from the shortage being over.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not much help here in Mississippi . Prices are outrageous and 22lr is non-existent . You might find a box of slow moving 22's for $4 for 50 rnds if you are lucky. I believe when they get the prices up about 300 per cent across the board, you will see a lot more of all kinds. Anybody remember cheap , available gasoline ? I just can't believe there are enough idiots shopping at Wal-Mart at 3:00 in the morning to cause all this trouble. If I'm wrong , then they are super wealthy ,and should be ashamed of what they are doing to the rest of the shooting public. If they are marking them up and re-selling them, then hopefully, people will remember who there friends are when this madness is over.

·
Registered
979 Posts
> Today in the Mansfield, PA

Considering the new MY laws going into effect, that just might make supplies in PA dry up.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Last tuesday I went to the new Cabela's in Northglen, CO and as I was checking out noticed a sign at the registers "Limit for .22 Long Rifle and .22 Magnum 2 boxes". I asked the clerk if that meant they now had some in stock. He said yes and asked if I wanted to buy some. I said no I still have a few boxes and don't use much .22 ammo. Some shotshell reloading powders are still almost impossible to find. No 700X anywhere (I'm been told that Customs is blocking it's import from Australia :confused:) and after looking all summer for RedDot finally found an 8 lb bottle at a Wyoming dealer last weekend (his last) :D.

1 - 20 of 358 Posts