Shooters Forum banner

An Observation

9K views 68 replies 18 participants last post by  MikeG 
Jim Rau are you kidding?Have you ever seen or used that round on a live human being?Have you ever seen anyone hit with a 357sig,40,9mm,or a 45,357 w 158gr ammo,38sp anything?How can you say that caliber and load is the "best of the best" for self defense?I have been unfortunate enough to see the effects of several and my opinion is a 45 is about the worst on the recievers end.

And yes jwp475 I do agree bigger calibers show more visible sign.While doing some longer range shooting in Wyoming this past October with a friend three calibers were shot,the 44,45colt and 475L.There was a very noticeble difference in being able to see the bullet impacts on the hillside.When the wind picked up it eliminated being able to even see the dust from the impacts of the 44 &45,but the 475L continued to show us where we were hitting.So in my observations also you are correct.

"what works best"by JimR.Maybe for you!A person stabbed multiple times with a ice pic may eventually die after he has killed you and went home,however hit that same man in the chest with a 25lb sledge hammer and he may not die but the fight WILL be over.I agree to disagree but I think your"proof or info" is personal opinion not fact,JMO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.