Shooters Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
Strange thing about academics, it's always changing, it's called learning. Just because it was the best years ago, doesn't mean that they haven't discovered otherwise. Big lead, big hole. Gun fights are almost always CQB and within 21ft. I know what I will use if when it comes to a sidearm.

Well stated...

Discussion starter · #62 ·
This is all ACADEMIC!! These same people told us the 147 gr sub-sonic 9mm loads were the 'best'.
IF YOU USE THE BEST AMMO IN A 9, 357 (SIG OR MAG), 40, OR 45 THEY ARE ALL ABOUT (REALISTICLY) THE SAME IF PLACED PROPERLY.
To each his own. Do you like to argue just to argue????

Ah, but what is the best ammo for each? According to you it's light for caliber projectiles.

Fact, a heavier bullet that expands the same as a light bullet will penetrate deeper.

Fact, often times thier are barries (car dooors, wiindshield, etc) that the projectile must penetrate inorder to reach it's objective. Heavier bullets do this better than light for caliber bullets.

Fact, the San DIego PD switch from the the lighter +P 9mm bullets to the 147 grain +P bullets and lessened the number of hits required per bad guy.

Fact hollow points donot always expand and a non expanding 45 caliber is going to produce a larger wound chanel than a non expanding bullet that is only .355 or.357 inches in diameter

You do like to just argue for the sake of argument don't you?
I know from experience, research and testing what works best. You are still 'looking' for the answer! Have fun in your quest, I did.

Jim, maybe your power of observation isn't so good -- or maybe you're Canadian......:D

Seems to me that you have an answer to every counter, making you argumentative by nature.

Discussion starter · #65 ·
I know from experience, research and testing what works best. You are still 'looking' for the answer! Have fun in your quest, I did.

Personaly I'm not that sure of your credibility. No I am not looking for the answer I fairly well have it. I don't realy think that you do though

"what works best"by JimR.Maybe for you!A person stabbed multiple times with a ice pic may eventually die after he has killed you and went home,however hit that same man in the chest with a 25lb sledge hammer and he may not die but the fight WILL be over.I agree to disagree but I think your"proof or info" is personal opinion not fact,JMO

Jim, when you can cite supporting evidence, other than "because I said so," your posts might carry a little weight. At this point you are making little more headway than the average playground argument.

It is unfortunate, because with some organization and proof your ideas might carry some weight. At this time it comes across as childish, repetitive, and argumentative.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but your act is wearing thin. Come up with something new, or stay out of these threads.

Jim, when you can cite supporting evidence, other than "because I said so," your posts might carry a little weight. At this point you are making little more headway than the average playground argument.

It is unfortunate, because with some organization and proof your ideas might carry some weight. At this time it comes across as childish, repetitive, and argumentative.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but your act is wearing thin. Come up with something new, or stay out of these threads.
Good bye Mike,
I am not five year old and you are no my DADDY or my teacher. So unless you are stop talk down to me and giving me orders.

OK Jim have it your way. If you've learned some manners, come back in a month. Too bad about your attitude, as you could have meaningful contributions if you would 1.) cite the sources of your information, and 2.) recognize that not everyone has to toe the line you've drawn.

Bye.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.