Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an episode of The Andy Griffith show over the weekend and Opie was trying to win his dad a prize at a carnival shooting gallery. The gun was a pump action 22.

Does anyone know what rifle they used in the show?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thats right Davers model 62 what a fine little rifle,was given one when I was a kid. When I got old enough to realize what I had, its been dipped in cosmoline and stored for over 30yrs...........

·
Banned
605 Posts
What a fine little rifle it is indeed. I was given mine back in 1956 and I still have it. Looks as good today as it did when I took it out of the box, way back then. I try to hunt with it at least once a season, every season.

·
Registered
977 Posts
> I try to hunt with it at least once a season, every season.

If i was a fine rifle, that is how I would want to live my life :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have a Remington 12A that makes a trip or two to the woods most falls.... my wife bought it for me as a present when the now grown kids were very young.

I told her I wanted a 22 pump, I was thinking 572, but this little antique is quite nice!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I saw an episode of The Andy Griffith show over the weekend and Opie was trying to win his dad a prize at a carnival shooting gallery. The gun was a pump action 22.

Does anyone know what rifle they used in the show?
It may have been the Winchester gallery gun. .22 short, pump, exposed hammer, octagon barrel, extremely accurate at short ranges. I had one that was made about 1900, I passed it on to my son and grandchildren.

I used to take it to the dump and turn beer bottles on their sides and shoot into the neck opening and blow the bottoms out.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts