Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered lapping bullets for the .38,41 and the .45 was just wondering what load you guys used what procedure did you use and did you notice any increase in accuracy or lack of leading afterward.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,458 Posts
Lloyd,

Load has always been a few grains of Bullseye. If memory serves..... about 2 grains. Start from there and adjust as necessary. Might need 2.5 grains for the .45 case. You'll most likely stick a bullet or two, make sure each one exits the barrel before proceeding.

I've found a significant decrease in leading. Accuracy - almost certainly some gains, hard to say without someone who is a better shot testing the guns for me. It's never been worse, though.

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,762 Posts
Lapping information

Loyd,

Since Lapping is a popular subject, I'd recommend using the search capability for previous posts. One of the more complete discussions is under a thread "Fire Lapping".

Dan

·
Registered
311 Posts
Lloyd,
If you don't have Marshalls book , you should. It covers firelapping in great detail.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used a .22 short case full of 700X. 320 grit from Beartooth.
Seated the bullets deep. (all the way in the case)
I second Old Jim, Buy Marshalls book.
6 rounds each through my Vaqueros made a big difference in cleaning the lead out. Less of it, easier to get out.
Humpty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts