Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here. I see there is a thread about Model 70 Build dates, but after reading all of it I still cant quite answer my question.

I received a Winchester Model 70 Lightweight last year, and although its not a collectors item by any means, it still was a special gift to me. So i've been TRYING to find out exactly what year it was made, but have had little to no luck. So far, based on very little information, I think it MIGHT have been made in 1993. I had a guy look through several Winchester catalogs and by looking at the SN's with a magnifying glass, he thinks its either 93 or 94.

Anyways, the SN is G213xxxx

If someone could PLEASE help me with this, Id greatly appreciate it.

Thank You,
Kraig

·
Super Moderator
3,827 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

I believe you are very close on the build date being 1993 or 1994, maybe even 1992. I bought several new Winchester Model 70s in the early 1990s and they are in the same serial number range. Hope this helps. All the best...
Gil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Me too please!

Hello everyone.

I'll be looking at a Model 7 G2370xxx. I have no clue. Please tell me where to look for info on this piece.

Many thanks in advance,
Ponz

Your post has been edited to remove the last three digits of the serial number. Never post complete numbers on the internet, as someone could use it for other purposes.
kdub

1 - 4 of 4 Posts