Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
WOW!! I never knew an animal like that was made. That must have been a smooth bore as rifling would not work. And also that bullet should really tumble. Although at close range I bet that made a nasty hole.

·
Registered
676 Posts
You guys would like the Puckel gun if you like square bullets. Ostensibly the first machine gun because it could fire 9 rounds a minute. It was a deck mounted gun that looked like a huge revolver and was equipped with 2 cylinders, one for conventional round bullets and one for use against Muslims because the theory was that the square bullets would cause more pain. I don't think it was ever put to the test. It was hard to make parts for and never went into mass production.

http://www.wedmore.org.uk/puckle/James.htm

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes we were discussing the Puckel gun in earlier threads. That's why I pointed out this square projectile. I don't know but maybe this was meant for German boar. I've seen bayonets on boar guns and they also used a sort of pike and of course hunting swords.
:)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Sorry I missed the thread, other than a friend of mine in San Antonio I have never met anybody who had ever heard of the Puckel. That name and the square bullet just kind of stuck in the old memory banks from a long time ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts