Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to shoot my new Christmas present. After checking around for a good left handed 22, I decided to avoid conventional advise to get a Ruger auto and got this entry level Anschutz. My best group could be covered with a quarter at 100 yds. using Federal Match and 1.75 inches with Federal Target. Couldn't believe my eyes. Was using an old Leupold 2-7 scope and Burris rings. All high velocity CCI ammo shot about 1.5 inches at 50 yds. and Green Tag shot shot almost as good as Federal Target. Does anyone have any experience with any high velocity loads that are as accurate as the target loads?

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,229 Posts
Keith, I've always had good luck with CCI Mini-Mag hollow points.  Sometimes my guns will shoot really well with Stingers also, however this seems to vary with the production lots.  The Mini-mags have always been pretty consistent for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I tried a few of each , but it was old ammo and neither was really awful-they just weren't close to the slower stuff. Think I'll get some more of each and try them again. The worst that can happen is I'll be forced to shoot my gun some more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts