Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Saw a beautiful used Anschutz 310 (.22LR) at the local shop not long ago, and I wanted to get some feedback from those who've used one before. It's about 4 times the price of all the other used .22 LR's, so I'm having a hard time justifying paying that much for a .22 rimfire, but man alive, was it ever nice. Basically, I could get a new centrefire rifle for less. However, I've heard a lot of horror stories from friends who've had feeding and jamming problems with their bolt-action, detachable mag fed .22's, and I don't want to run into those types of problems. I'd rather pay a little more for a gun that isn't going to jam or misfeed.

The 310 has a detachable mag, and I am wondering a few things. First, does the 310 feed smoothly, and reliably? Second, are then generally an accurate rifle? Third, overall, does it work as good as it looks?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,431 Posts
Anschutz is one of the top European target grade rifle brands, including rifles for Biathlon, which have to feed reliably. If it's not accurate, in all likelihood someone screwed with it or abused it. The only thing I would want to do before paying a lot of money out is run a bore scope up inside to double-check the condition of the chamber and throat and bore. It's hard to wear out a .22 LR, but it can happen. Also check the condition of the magazine lips. If someone has feed problems, it's usually there. Besides, the finish and lip condition will likely give you a clue as to how much it has been shot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts