Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a guy that has one posted locally for $225. the pictures and description are pretty vague, but looks like a sporter type with a detachable clip in .22LR. From what little I know about these, that seems like a steal. Can someone give me the short and skinny on the Anshcutz models, most accurate, most valuable, what to avoid, etc.?

·
Registered
137 Posts
That sounds like a very good price but be careful "too good to be true usually is".. may be stolen or broken... I get 64 silhouette model a number of years ago for a good price but it's a single shot.. B2B

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Most any Anschutz sporter with the 64 action will bring over $500 used, so be careful. It may be as described, but it may not.

And.... the Anschutz Model 64 is a match rifle and not a sporter.

·
Banned
421 Posts
The Anschutz model 54 is the top of the line match rifle, and the 64 is one step down, available in many configurations, both match and sporter versions. I have a 1517 MPR, which is a match rifle in 17 HMR, and a Weatherby MK XXII in 22 LR, which is a 64 action and barrel in a sporter version. One of the best values on the market IMO.
As already stated, be careful, what sounds too good to be true often is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Gentlemen, you all reconfirmed my assumptions.
My first thought was "stolen" also, but for $225 I'm willing to risk it. My understanding of the law is "posession of stolen property" is only if you know that it is stolen. If it turns out to be stolen without your knowledge prior to purchase it can be repossessed by Johnny Law without reimbursement, and you're just SOL.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Thanks Gentlemen, you all reconfirmed my assumptions.
My first thought was "stolen" also, but for $225 I'm willing to risk it. My understanding of the law is "posession of stolen property" is only if you know that it is stolen. If it turns out to be stolen without your knowledge prior to purchase it can be repossessed by Johnny Law without reimbursement, and you're just SOL.
Did you ever find out which Anschutz it really was???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts