Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
At the range here we got this lovely Anshutz in 22LR and during maintainance cleaning the bolt got locked up.. I've been scouring the internet (and downloaded every manual of the Anshutz website), but can't seem to find a takedown/manual/guide thing...
Any help would be much appreciated, since now the new shooters will have to go straight to the heavier Mauser - which is fun but also a lot more expensive to train people with :)
Pictures of the rifle have not been made, but pictures of the bolt have. The rifle itself is a wooden stock with a 5 round magazine in it.

Pics of the bolt:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, usually (as with 2 other very similar Anshutz bolts) one takes the front and the rear, turn the rear CCW and then it all comes apart. This one was turned CCW, said 'click' and couldn't be bothered to move past the points where usually it goes back... I hope I managed to translate this a bit satisfactory.
This bolt will turn about 90 degrees but after that it's like a dead stop.
I've tried driving out the retainer pin, removing the spring that goes over the extractor assembly - nothing helped....
Also, maybe relevant, is that the front and rear part of the bolt are now about 180 degrees to what they should be to insert into the rifle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No clue... can't find a readable part on barrel or action, and range rules prohibited me from removing the scope :S

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Here are some schematics...Anschutz...look at the model 1400.

Look at the stock design and trigger design to help identify the model. If the club is serious about repairing this thing they'd pull the scope to make a proper ID.

Savage also marketed Anschutz rifles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Judging by the blow up drawing, it seems about right :D
Thanks alot Mainspring!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No luck on any manual showing the taking apart of a bolt... got an idea Mainspring?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I'm guessing only, proceed at your risk.

I think the front half of the bolt separates from the back half just by rotating. The spring and plunger, #10 , may be frozen. Add some penetrating fluid to try and loosen. Try to get the two halves to rotate.

The big hole at the rear is to remove the Hammer Catch Pin, #14, but that won't solve the problem.

It looks like there might me an access hole for something on the front half of the bolt, but if there is I'm not sure why.

The only parts that look like they might cause trouble are the Bolt lock Plunger and it's accompanying spring, or the firing pin itself. The firing pin should be visible from the front.

I would use the penetrating fluid and try to rotate the two halves.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll try those saturday. Let you guys know what happens, ok?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't know what the problem caused, or who solved it (no-one seems to take responsibility for it), but it works again.
Thanks all for helping

1 - 13 of 13 Posts